The h2g2 Post 15.11.10

1 Conversation



Posted: 15th November 2010


 

 

Hello - Goodbye

Well, it wasn't too easy to decide what to write about this week, especially since I vowed not to write on h2g2 any more. Then again, it is part of the editor's job, so there's no way around it anyway. And If I write something, I guess I can just as well go on to write my journals, too. However, I've started a 'blog' now, and if ever I can get used to it, I may just stop with the journals; time will tell.

Last Thursday saw the launch of the announced 'Read Only Beta' version of the new h2g2 skin. My first impression, when I saw the new Front Page, was 'WOW. This is awesome!' However, by and by we found more and more things which either are currently not working in Barlesque (the name of the new skin), or just look plain awful. Like the Post Issues. We'll have to wait and see if we can alter the layout to make it look better, or we'll all have to get used to scrolling down a very narrow tunnel, with white borders, for a long time. I heard it won't make much of a difference (colourwise) for the Alabaster fans, so they'll have a clear advantage. Anyway, let's say hello to Barlesque.

When I read the Smudger Snippet which you'll find below, I found that he bids us farewell, as he doesn't have any more Snippets in him. Over the years, Smudger has entertained and moved us with hundreds of Snippets: his memories from childhood and work, family matters, and his struggles with new technology. A heartfelt 'Thank you', Smudger, from Post Team for your loyalty to the Post for more than seven years. We wish you and your wife all the best, and if ever you feel another Snippet coming up in some corner of your brain, you can still share it here. Fare thee well, friend.


Bel


 

 
WAR AND PEACE

 

 



 

 
TROUBLE IN SPACE

 

 



 

 
ROLL YOUR EYES

 

 

 

 
FLEX YOUR BRAIN MUSCLE

 

 

 

 
KEEP BUSY

 

 



 

 
FARE THEE WELL

 

 



 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION

 

 


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A75157806

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more