Smudger Snippets: Farewell

3 Conversations

I suppose it's because I have so much time on my hands these days, that all these memories come flooding back to me.

Farewell

I have really enjoyed writing my Snippets for The Post over the past few years, in fact I think I have covered my entire life to date. If you have read any of them you will have noticed that I said that there were certain roads that I didn't want to go down for various reasons. They were the not so good times, the ones you would rather forget altogether. This came home to me earlier today when I went for my therapy session for PTSD, that I have been attending for the past year, only to be told that today was my last session, as due to the cut backs they were signing off on all their long term patients.

To be honest I wasn't that surprised as I knew within myself that the sessions were not working for me like they were supposed to, as I kept having the nightmares which they said would eventually stop. The mood swings were also still happening, and I was finding it more and more difficult to control them. The therapist was very sympathetic when she told me that my sessions were ending, and I did actually believe her, when she told me that this directive was out of her hands, as it came from her bosses. So I will just have to go back to living with it, just like I did before while waiting the two years on the list to get the sessions in the first place.

Another reason why my Snippets are coming to an end is that I can't get out much at all these days, as looking after my wife, who is terminally ill, is a full time job. So I don't get out into the world to make my observations, as that is where I was drawing all my inspiration from. Well at least it was after I had exhausted all my stories from, my time in the Royal Navy and my many years in the oil construction business, which took me from working here in the UK both on and off shore, to working overseas in places like Russia, Turkey and Egypt. Many of you who have read my Snippets will already know all about that anyway.

So, all that is left to say is, thanks to you all for your support, and comments on my Snippets over the years, I really did appreciate them all. Also for your comments on my poems which are also on the bottom of my home page, some of you enjoyed them very much as well. I will still keep coming into this site as I always have over the years; it's just my Snippets that are ending. I will still keep my Have a Laugh thread going, as I get some right good jokes sent to me from my mates in cyber world, and I do enjoy sharing them with you all. So once again I thank you all, and please do not hesitate to contact me, in fact I would really like that. Bye.

Smudger Snippets Archive

Smudger

15.11.10 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A76857303

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more