The h2g2 Post 12.12.11

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 12th December 2011

In the Bleak Midwinter

It's that time of year. Most people are looking forward to some holidays, but wondering if they'll survive the preparations. So it goes here at the Post. We hope the content below will help you get in the mood for a midwinter celebration: we've got more Advent smileys, some Hanukkah songs to learn, and timely tips on writing and shopping. What more can you ask?

Oh, really? You people are insatiable. We ALSO have fun entries by Tim Stevenson and Smudger, a brand-new column by Tavaron (just for you gamers), and cartoons galore. Oh, okay, we've even got serious stuff. (Rolleyes.) You can find it if you look hard enough.

On an organisational note: Next week is the big, giant Xmas issue. Which means your Post Staff will then scarper and take a 3-week holiday and not answer the mail every single blessed day, so there. It also means that whatever is not in the editor's hot little hand by Wednesday will not be published until NEXT YEAR. 2012, that is.
You remember this convention called the 'Calendar'? (Those are 'scare quotes'. Really.) You can get your own now. It's cool, and all the Hitchhikers have them. Money goes to the Foundation, so we're shamelessly plugging here.
We also remind you to click on 'Email the Post Team' for our new address: Google claimed we were underage and forced us to move. This was terrible – it was cold, and snowing, and the Prof didn't have a hat on and I had to rub his head with antifreeze... We felt like the Little Match Girl…

Oh, go ahead and laugh, you heartless things. Just save a chuckle or two for the humour hereunto appended.

See you next week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

THEY'RE COMING TO GET YOU, BARBARA

 

 

 

 
THEY'RE COMING TO TAKE ME AWAY, HAHA

 

 
WHERE LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL ALL DAY LONG

 

 

 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87709512

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more