The h2g2 Post 01.04.13

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 1st April 2013

Just the Facts, Folks

Mark Twain's Titian's Moses.
The picture at the left represents an historic event: a Post collaboration with the great Mark Twain, who in turn was collaborating with some dead painters. Apparently, everybody's got a tardis, and nobody's asking permission. See, Mr Twain was being satirical about Art, and we do that all the time, so we thought we'd put our pixels together for a change. You can read more about it on the page.

If you don't like that sort of thing, move on. There's LOTS more to see in this issue, from genuine art – Willem's wildlife is back in all its glory – to serious reflections on the nature of life, the universe, and everything. Galaxy Babe's back with all the stargazing news, benjaminpmoore's back with caregiving advice, and Awix has been to the cinema again, so you don't have to go unless you want to.

A colleague here at the Post was recently bemoaning what he feared was a growing trend: the lack of spontaneity. I agree – spontaneity is a precious commodity, and should be encouraged. Please keep in mind that there is no 'must' in the suggestions we make – and we make quite a few. Sure, we've got a brand-new Create challenge for April: make like Chaucer's Pilgrims and talk about your travels. You can do that any way you like. Write a poem, a story, an essay, a Guide Entry. Or pick your own topic.

I natter on in the 'Writing Right' column about this and that. It's not a rule book – who am I to make up rules? Nobody, that's who. It's just to get the discussion going. Hardly anybody ever agrees with me, anyway, so I figure I haven't done that much damage to your writing psyches.

The March Create challenge was a major success, in our humble opinion. Peer Review is chockfull of fascinating entries for you to read and comment on. Don't like what's there? Have a spontaneous moment of your own, and write about something different.

Just don't spontaneously combust. And avoid 2legs: he won't stop talking about cheese.



Dmitri Gheorgheni

FACTS ABOUT LIFE

FACTS ABOUT THE UNIVERSE


 

FACTS ABOUT NATURE


 

 
HISTORICAL FACTS
FACTS ABOUT ART AND LITERATURE

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87786788

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more