The h2g2 Post 18.05.15

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted:18th May 2015

Of Cabbage Whites and Things

Walt Whitman holding a butterfly. We think it's fake. Who says they didn't have photoshop back then? Look at this pic of Walt Whitman, the 19th-century poet. He's holding a butterfly. Yeah, right. Either that butterfly was drugged, or Whitman was a hypnotist. Life's full of little puzzles like that, and we aim to find them all. So much weirdness, so little time.

This week's Post is full of wonderful weirdness. Look at Willem's falanouc, who knew that such a wondrous creature existed? Or that there was a 'lowly aloe'? And have you read Whitman's poetry? He was pretty divisive back in the day. His fans said he was a mad genius. His detractors said the fans were half right. Read our commentary to his poem, and you be the judge.

The 42 Words geniuses are quite mad, as well. Enjoy the fruits of their folly. Speaking of folly, have you sent in your essay/artwork/poem for the Create Challenge yet? May only has so many days…

The Duck artist is back with more strange beauty. We're quizzing you on groups of animals. This is more fun than that taxonomy exam you took in Biology 101, trust us. Art History continues to instruct us, and we're still raiding the war archives for more wit and wisdom. Meanwhile, Awix brings us celluloid dreams, and Nigel dreams of Mad Jack.

Read, comment, and send us Stuff. We appreciate, and as you can see, you can't be too weird for us.

Enjoy your week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

THE PROUD AND THE HUMBLE
  • Falanouc by Willem.
  • The Lowly Aloe.


THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY

ART THAT SPEAKS TO US

  • Head full of rocks.
  • Zomcrow.

CAMPFIRE TALES

YOUR TURN
  • May Create.
  • Sir Terry Pratchett.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87852243

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more