The h2g2 Post 09.11.15

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 9th November 2015

Read All About It!

A newsboy in 1914. 'Extra! Extra! Read all about it!' Newsboys used to shout that sort of thing. Extra editions served the same purpose as 24-hour news channels do nowadays, and those shouting kids were the early 20th Century's equivalent of our dancing banner ads scrolling across the 'puter screen. And boy, do we have Stuff for you to read on h2g2 this month.

First of all, there's the 'usual': Guide Entries in Peer Review. Get to work commenting there, people. The Ultimate Guide to Life, the Universe, and Everything is not going to write itself, no matter what Zarniwoop thinks. Work on your next Guide Entry, while you're at it.

And then there's the Post. We want your Stuff! Thanks to Solnushka, who's sent us some exotic photos from Moscow, which will start appearing next week. There will be a quiz…

And, of course, Create. If you've noticed your conversation lists growing fatter, there's a reason. Look at the calendar: it's November already! Yep, time for NaJoPoMo, that madcap season of journal-writing. Who's writing, you wonder? Who's reading? What's happening? Why am I always late for these things? (Maybe you forgot to reset your clocks last month.) Do not despair! The Post has caught up with the journal writers who have managed to follow instructions well enough to a) let us know they were writing, and b) actually give us an A-number we could link to. We have returned the compliment by advertising their Stuff in the article below. NaJoPoMo has something for everyone, from cooking to chicken-farming, from storytelling to cinema watching. Getcher fun here.

Anybody who came late to the party and has one to share should let Create know. Click on that item below.

Awix is back with cinema at its most bewildering. Willem is back with a beautiful, mysterious bird. We are grateful to both of them, because they're very busy. Especially Willem, who has been exhibiting and sold twelve paintings. Some people have good taste – we hope they had lots of money, too.

With all that reading and writing to do, we hope you find time to enjoy the fall leaves. Around this neck of the woods, we've been having what we call Indian summer, and it's glorious. Except for all the raking, of course...

So, take your handheld devices and yourselves out for an airing. Report what you see and learn. Keep in touch, and have a great week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

MYSTERIOUS
  • Sacred Ibis by Willem.
  • A mural tribute to Rene Magritte.

THE UNUSUAL SUSPECTS

DREAMY

  • Coney Island.
  • Ancient lurex weaving.

WRITING LIKE MAD

WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING
  • Create November Challenge: NaJoPoMo.
  • Something you can see through a telescope.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87859859

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more