The h2g2 Post 15.02.16

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 15th February 2016

Legendary

A spooky forest. Yeah, that's a spooky forest. Isn't that the setting for legends and folktales? Well, it beats 'it was a dark and stormy night', doesn't it? Does the moon shine eerily through your memories? Are they hazy, or sharp and bright? Whatever they are, consider sharing your most memorable moments with us in February. It's a leap month, and we've got extra space to fill. Get them in, before they become 'tears in the rain'.

This week, Florida Sailor is back with another memory. This one will make you laugh. MVP's will amaze you, and mine…well, if you get through that lot of shaggy-dog story, let me know what you think. I have a peculiar sort of memory palace, full of odd objects and weird architecture. It's what I get for growing up in Pittsburgh, a city which features both Gothic and 'exotic revival' styles…

Anyhow, tell us what your memory's like. We want to know.

What else have we got for you? Well, let's see. There's a chameleon, isn't it wonderfully psychedelic? And some news from Mars. We have more cats. (As if you needed them.) Also a cinema review, some thoughts on Venetian flood insurance, and a technical report about the latest in home hand grenades. Although this was a British invention, we can't wait to see what the US Supreme Court has to say about it and the Second Amendment.

Our Charlotte is back. We call her ours, for we have fallen in love with her, thanks to Bluebottle's Guide Entry. This week, the sage of Eastleigh interprets some Scripture, and explains why the Book of Genesis proves that Englishmen are superior to all other life forms. We appreciate her prose, as always. Charlotte will be back next week with more wisdom – February is Charlotte Yonge Appreciation Month around here.

So read, enjoy, send Stuff! Please send Stuff. February's turning out to be a longer month than originally planned (nobody tells me these things), and although Mags keeps promising to finish that book review, I despair…she might have to clean her kitchen by court order, or something equally outlandish. You know where we are, we're easy to find.

Take care, stay out of the wind, and enjoy your week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

WILDLIFE IN ACTION
  • Natal Midlands Dwarf Chameleon by Willem.
  • Cats wrestling.

MORE INFORMATION THAN YOU COULD POSSIBLY WANT

ART FOR NONSENSE'S SAKE

  • Curiosity takes a selfie.
  • Do these people have flood insurance?

A FLOOD OF MEMORIES

TAX YOUR BRAIN
  • Create February Challenge.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87866338

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more