Super Market XXXI - The Flea Market is Not Enough

1 Conversation

The Classic Goo monster in an h2g2 T shirtHello, and welcome to the latest edition of Super Market, the update of everything exciting taking place in h2g2's own Flea Market.

Recommended Rescues

An entry that was in the Flea Market has been recommended.

We look forward to seeing it light up the front page soon!

Edited Guide Writing Workshop Emptied: New Entries in the Flea Market

Seven more entries, five of which had previously been in the Edited Guide Writing Workshop, are now in the Flea Market, waiting for someone to come along and rescue them. If you know anything about the topics, why not see if you can help these entries get to the Front Page where they deserve?

As these last entries have now left the Edited Guide Writing Workshop, it means that the workshop is now empty. I always wonder what other Researchers think of the Edited Guide Writing Workshop. As it is empty and hasn't really been used for some time, does it serve a useful purpose? Is it less daunting for first time writers to put something in their than Peer Review? Or does the idea of submitting something to the Edited Guide Writing Workshop and then later on removing it and re-submitting the same work into Peer Review just add too many stages to the chain? Shouldn't Peer Review be the Writing Workshop and fully support and encourage new writers in any case?

Featured Rescue

A very weary marathon runner.

As well as looking at new rescue attempts, we celebrate past successful rescues. This month, why not read Trout Montague's rescue The Wall - a Marathon Runner's Nightmare? A rescue attempt of A beginners Buide to Running a Marathon by Hobbes.

Flea Market Rescues in Peer Review

We've also had three new Rescue Attempts this month joining Peer Review!

Article Being RescuedConversationRescuerOriginal
Peer ReviewSashaQWalk from Glossop to Hadfield via Bleaklow by the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish
Peer ReviewBluebottleBabylon-5 - G'Kar by TowelMaster
Peer ReviewBluebottleEiffel 65 by Prosthethnic Vogon Jeltz
Peer ReviewBluebottleThe Avengers - the episodes by Primord
Peer Review
Peer Review
Peer Review
Peer Review
Peer Review
Peer Review
Bluebottle
Florida Sailor
By Ecnal Silyab:

And Remember...

The Flea Market needs You!

A reader of the h2g2 Post

The Flea Market Archive

Bluebottle

16.05.16 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A87871882

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more