The h2g2 Post 19.12.16

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 19th December 2016

Welcome to the Learning Centre

A devil in the computer display at the Library of Congress No, that's not the real computer mural at the Library of Congress. It's been photoshopped a bit. We take liberties, but only in the interest of getting your attention. We will not slip any Fake News in on you without giving you a fighting chance. We're better than those other websites.

However, I do rant on about Fake News in this issue. Please see the clearly labelled 'h2g2 Rant'. If you've got something to get off your chest, please send it to us. There's a lot to complain about here at year's end, and we might as well do it. If you're anywhere in the Northern Hemisphere, you're probably snowed in and can't get out, anyway. It will give you something to do in between bouts of snow shoveling.

Or design us a greeting card. We're still publishing these alt-December gems that Create have coaxed out of everyone. This week: Earth Day (why not, Earth needs some love right about now) and the explosive St Barbara. She's a blast, and so are the cards.

We have awesomeness for you. There are wattled starlings. Did you know there were wattled starlings? Let Willem show and tell. Help caption the beautiful Heinz Chapel. We believe we can state unequivocally that, although Da Vinci's Last Supper is there in stained glass, there is no ketchup on that seder table, even though it's kosher.

There's a seasonal quiz and a seasonal crossword. (Yay!) You will have to think. You may have to think about the jokes, too. Find out why Baby Jesus isn't allowed near the power tools. Learn why the aliens want a business loan. Delve deeper into cinema with Awix, who pays tribute to a stellar performance by the late Robert Vaughn. We have a literary find that's written in praise of the typo. This is particularly timely in an 'unpresidented' fashion. . .

Read, leave comments and virtual tea (we're cold in Pennsylvania), and send more Stuff! Another year will be here before you know it, and we need the copy. And have a great week: enjoy your eggnog, wrap those presents, and sing a few carols while waiting for that magical visitation. We refer, of course, to the Doctor. . . (And avoid that devil in the library. Get your news from us.)


Dmitri Gheorgheni

ADORABLE AND AWESOME
  • Wattled starlings  by Willem.
  • Heinz Chapel being admired.

MENTAL AGILITY


KEEP THOSE CARDS COMING

  • Happy Earth Day!
  • Happy St Barbara's Day!

COMMITTED (WE SHOULD BE)
WHAT WE'RE WORKING ON
  • Create December 2016
  • Baby Jesus shouldn't play with power tools.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87880224

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more