The h2g2 Post 22.03.21

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 22nd March 2021

A Scottish cliff by Woolly Mammoth. Oh, the horizons. Oh, the vistas. Oh, the beautiful, weird, and weirdly beautiful things we have to share with you this week. We have views on camera and views from our noggins. We have fiction that you won't want to miss.

Want to hear more? All right!

  • There are rivers and seacoasts and beaches.
  • There are cats doing weird things.
  • There are amazing nature things that you probably have never seen before.
  • There's humour.
  • There are stories. Henry Letterbox is back. So is PT Barnum.
  • Courtesy of some chatty archivists on Twitter, we have some fascinating little historical titbits to share with you. Such as Lou Henry Hoover, who could draw a perfectly good map, thank you, just like her engineer husband, and who had plenty of time to do just that when she was caught in the middle of a siege during the Boxer Rebellion. This is not more wonderful than the time Jimmy Carter's helicopter landed on a football field, and of course there had to be a drawing… And then there was that stray piece of flak that set off the bomb… See, history's way more entertaining than the so-called History Channel would have you think.
  • We have Thoughts. Some of them might be catching. Awix has Thoughts on Cinema. Definitely contagious: we recommend PPE.
Bird in Bush by DG
An observation: everything that's on here is kosher in the sense that it's either our own work or public domain or shared by express permission (thank you, archivists!). Everything here falls within the boundaries of the House Rules. We never spit, though we may splutter. But views expressed herein are solely those of the authors thereof, not the Management, nor even the Editor. We like multiple points of view. We deliberately solicit multiple points of view. Please keep this in mind while reading and/or commenting. h2g2: like the Deity, our centre is everywhere and our circumference nowhere.


We'll be back next week with more Stuff. (Send more Stuff!) Keep warm, stay safe, and remember: all God's children have a place in the choir. So stop throwing shoes at singing cats.


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Mailbox
Write the Post at:
postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com
Tweet at the Post and Edited Guide:
@h2g2_Guide



Quote of the Week: A 2006 survey revealed 62% of Icelanders believed in, or were ‘agnostic’ towards, elves. This could be influenced by the fact that denying their existence brings bad luck.

QI

Create March 2021 by Freewayriding
March 2021 Create Challenge:
Heroic Humans


Video Extra: Up and Down Hill


SUPER NATURAL
Hyracodon

Hyracodon by Willem


INTERIORS

BUSY HANDS

On the Baking Front

Cookie Pie (FWR).

TIME AND CHANCE



More Hopscotch Confusion
Ciel et Terre by Superfrenchie.

JUST FOR FUN
  • Video
  • Monster on the hill.

STORY TELLERS


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


1The Post Editor is fully aware that nobody else will get the reference, and doesn't care.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A88012938

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more