Signs of Autumn

0 Conversations

Signs of Autumn

In the first photo, you can see a pumpkin through the branches of the New England Aster, which is just starting to blossom. Unfortunately, I didn't aim quite right; the blossoms were just above the top edge of the frame. The hostas along the right were very late in blooming.

There's a pumpkin in this photo. See if you can find it.

The second photo features Sedum, which starts white and deep[ens to purple as the season progresses.

Sedum

The third photo features white chrysanthemums. Autumn wouldn't be Autumn without mums1.

Chrysanthemus

The last photo features petunias and, to the right, some Guacamole hostas, which blooms in late Summer with fragrant blossoms.

Oh, no, not again.

In a couple weeks I expect to have some pics of asters in full bloom, and maybe a Close-up of the swans that appeared a while ago. Right now I'm snapping pictures of glorious Fall color.

Create Challenge Archive

Paulh

23.10.23 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1Editor's Note: To the shock of many people in Europe and East Asia, the chrysanthemum has only cheerful associations in the US. The flower can even be worn as a Homecoming corsage. However, in China, Korea and Japan, the flower symbolises grief. In France, Belgium, Austria, Italy, Spain, Poland, Hungary, Croatia and Romania (and probably other countries), they are funeral flowers.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88038417

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more