The 25th Anniversary Totally Unofficial Mini-Meet

9 Conversations

As the 8th March is the 25th Anniversary of the very first broadcast of the radio series of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (and because we want to) we're going to have an unofficial mini-meet in the evening. Nothing flash, just lots of beer, toasting to sadly absent friends, and celebrating the birth of the event that brought us all together.

We are planning on meeting at the Wellington pub, on the corner of the Strand and Wellington Street1. Here's a nice picture of the pub, and here's a nice link to a map. The arrow is pointing at the pub. Blues Shark and Mina will be arriving between 6 and 8pm, due to the need to deposit a small boy with his father before we leave.

So far the attendees are -

Let us know if you want to come too. smiley - biggrin

The I can't promise anything but I've made a note of the date types -

BBC72 is having a theme morning (followed by a theme repeat later in the day) the weekend before to celebrate the anniversary. Click here to see interesting stuff.

1Thanks to coelacanth for jogging our memories of this pub. smiley - blush2There'll be no excuses, you can listen online!

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A951455

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more