Or madam. Or whatever.
...after reading H2G2 for several months, and after a certain amount of prodding from my boyfriend who is rather... prolific , on here, I finally signed up as a Researcher.
However, wanting to stick my nose in more than just being picky about people's entries in the Conversations and Peer Review, I soon became a sub-editor (see 'Volunteer Badges' over to the right, !!)
I'm not exactly prolific in the solo entry department, as subbing and RL takes up much of my time, but I'll keep plugging away and, who knows, maybe one day I'll attain the coveted 25 entries badge!
- JANET: The UK's Education and Research Network. My first entry (which has taken me a mere year to complete...).
- Redbush Tea. Only took me nine months - getting better...
A few other entries also have my name on them (apart from the ones I've subbed, of course):
- Traditional Children's Songs - UK. This was Emmily's entry which I contributed to in Peer Review.
- The Great Fire of London, UK, which was a Talking Point on the Front Page. I made some rather vague comments about it and ended up in the Researchers List!
- The Real Cost of Improving Your Home, to which I added a couple of my personal DIY disaster stories.
- Alternative Holidays, to which I added a memory of my holiday in New Zealand.
- Mythical Creatures, to which I added a bit about the Manticore.
I won the Christmas poetry competition (Christmas Prose and Poetry) 2004 with 'A Cat's Christmas'.
For writing and editing entries:
- English Usage in the Edited Guide
- The GuideML Clinic
- BBC Related Links
- My list of useful bits of GuideML.
Interesting places to visit:
Other useful info:
Well, I live in the UK, in the Oxfordshire town of Abingdon with my boyfriend and my . Shame there isn't a smiley for a very fat, one-eyed black cat and a very dippy short-sighted black and white cat, but there you go.
I mostly fill my time by performing in a drama group and an amateur operatic group. Recent shows include Half a Sixpence and Twelfth Night, which I've moaned about / discussed / enthused over (delete as appropriate) in my journal. I also study Bach flower remedies, and attempt to clicker train my cats and beat my boyfriend at board games (not at the same time...).
I try to stay fit by going to the gym and doing Tai Chi, but the amount of chocolate I eat probably negates any good work I do.
That'll do for the moment, I reckon.
One more thing...
(8 x 7) / 2 + 1 x (6 + 8) = 42
|Messages left for this Researcher||Posted|
|Subbing 'Rooibos'||Jun 28, 2007|
|Black Powder Guns||Aug 1, 2006|
|Redbush||May 25, 2006|
|Introduction page seems ok||May 17, 2006|
|subbing your JANET entry||Nov 3, 2005|
|Conversation Title||Latest Post||Latest Reply|
|Stars? Green?||No Posting||4 Hours Ago|
|Good Friday||No Posting||9 Hours Ago|
|Irish high crosses||No Posting||11 Hours Ago|
|Writing||No Posting||4 Weeks Ago|
|Daylight||No Posting||Mar 8, 2014|
This user has no Entry subscriptions
Most Recent Edited Entries
- Haematuria (Blood in the Urine)
- 'Help!' - the Film and Album
- Federweisser - a German Must
- The Anchor at Bankside, Southwark, UK
- Wentzville, Missouri, USA
- Rooibos (Redbush) Tea
- Useful bits of GuideML
- Just a lick of paint? Evaluating the real cos
- The Post Christmas Poetry Competition 2004
- Poem 9 Christmas 2004
h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Not Panicking Ltd. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
This user has no Bookmarks