h2g2 Post 13.11.03

2 Conversations


Posted: 13thNovember 2003

Editorial

I wonder about lonely clouds.

A few weeks ago I was sitting in the passenger seat of a car being driven home after a really quite worthy shopping trip, when I happened to glance into the sky and noticed the clouds passing by. 'Look,' I said, 'a horse.'

My companion did indeed look, 'It's a camel swimming,' he replied. I looked again, and indeed I could make out the camel, with two humps no less. We continued on in silence for a few minutes, and then I looked again and saw to my amazement none other than Hong Kong Phooey. My companion looked and to my surprise agreed with me, the cloud in question did indeed look just like the 'number one super guy' from the cartoons. Was this a sign I wondered, to see a camel and Hong Kong Phooey in the sky? Did it foretell some great cataclysmic occurrence that has yet to happen? I suppose only time will tell.

So, what has clouds got to do with this weeks Post? Absolutely nothing, I just thought I would mention it in passing, and give you all something to wonder about as you settle back to read the truly great newspaper of h2g2. Yes, tis another fine read we have for you this week, and in case you are still worrying about week's theme, then I'll now put you out of your misery by saying that it was 'Fireworks' and 'Percussion'. Did you guess it? Good for you...

Share and Enjoy!

Greebo T. Cat


 
FEATURES
 
 
FICTION
 
 

  • Drive

  • The First Part of a new story by Kate Schechter

CARTOONS
 
 
REGULARS
 
 

  • QED

  • Beastly Bond Baddies

h2g2 NEWS
 
 
  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1161686

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more