The h2g2 Post 25.01.07

3 Conversations


Posted: 25th January 2007


 

 


It's awfully quiet in here!

After the hustle and bustle of collating the votes for the recent Poetry Competition, the Post pigeon holes were somewhat bare this week. This is a shame as I was hoping that the stirring editorial written by EMR last edition may have encouraged more of you to set pen to paper and entertain our readers. We are especially on the look-out for articles about the h2g2 Community. If you run a successful club or your journal is one of the best-read, then why not tell the rest of us? Are you a budding Masterchef with original and inventive dishes? Send them over for inclusion in our recipe section. First person accounts of events big or small, travels undertaken, sports, arts, daily life; all are welcome. One brave soul did step up to bat after our last appeal and we welcome B'Elana as a writer rather than poet this week.

We seem to have misplaced Skankyrich so if anyone has seem him recently please ask him to get in touch. EMR is in the middle of finalising end of semester projects and prepping for exams so she is also absent. No wonder it seems quiet!

In other news, the main furore appears to have been the ill-judged comments made by a certain, now ex, contestant on the Channel 4 reality show Big Brother. As we don't receive this station over the Dutch cable system I hadn't heard much about it until it suddenly became an issue on the World Service - that stalwart of the ex-pat Brit all over the globe. It does strike me as somewhat bizarre that an essentially false environment, with a very strange mix of people from all corners of the so-called 'Celebrity' world, should cause riots in one of the most populous places on earth. Perhaps the programme editors should consider more carefully their choice of candidates in the future and not attempt to start another world war in microcosm. After all, we managed to run a like-minded series, The Post Big Bandwagon, way back in 2001 and kept 7 h2g2ers confined to a small area of this site without any major disputes breaking out!

Finally, a reminder that the next issue is out on February 8th so all copy should arrive by Sunday 4th please.


ShazzPRME


 

 
FICTION & POETRY

 

 

 

 

 
CARTOONS

 

 

 

 

 
REGULARS

 

 

 

 

 
FEATURES

 

 

 

 

 
h2g2 NEWS

 

 

 

 
The Post Box
Submissions Click Here
Editorial Feedback Click Here

  • The

    Post

    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A15918032

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more