The H2G2 Tolkien film and book Society!

12 Conversations

"Ash Nazg Durbatuluk, Ash, Nazg Gimbatul, Ash Nazg Thrakuluk, Agh Burzumishi Krimpatul.

"One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, And in the darkness bind them."


Introduction

I created this society for two reasons. The first is that I love Peter Jacksons interpretation of the Lord Of The Rings trilogy. From the dark beginnings of the prologue, to the charge of the Rohirrim, I love the lot. The second factor for creating this society is that there isn't one anywhere on H2G2. Not that i've looked but there's no Tolkien society. Well that changes now1. This is the place to be if you love Tolkeins works.

Outline

Now before I (Asmodaidark) go any further with this I want to make a few things clear. I haven't read any of the books yet. I tried a couple of years ago but found them difficult reading. However, having watched the films i've started reading them, and am nearly half way through the return of the king. I am desperately ploughing through them as we speak but silly things like college are getting in my way.
When starting a new thread- Make the title relevant to the topic. That way its easy for people to find current conversations and it means that there arent multiple conversations on a single topic.




Obviously im updating this when ever i get a chance.


The rules

Basically listen to other people and keep an open mind. There are a lot of people with there own opinions on whether the films/books are good. Feel free to discuss this, but dont let the conversations fall apart in arguements2. This a place for everyone that enjoys Tolkien to come and want to talk about his works.


Anyway all Tolkien fans enjoy!

Fun stuff


Heres a few bits and bobs you might want to have a look at:

Tolkien crossword- A great crossword that had me stumped. Enjoy!

The Encyclopedia of Arda- Brilliant Lord Of The Rings source site. Its basically a Encyclopedia detailing lord of the rings, with information on bloodlines as well as maps.
What did Tolkien mean?- Probibly the most interesting Tolkien debate on h2g2, which goes over hundreds of issues (and i add, the birth place for this very page).

The Lord Of The Rings won this years big read (as if it was ever a competition).


You can find out more about Tolkien himself at this guide entery

News


You'll notice that we've been put in the community choice library. This makes us elligable for a graphic and a banner. We will only get this if we have an active community, so get posting.

Head over to the suggestions page to discuss and suggestions orideas about the badge and banner.

This weeks discussion topic:
Boromir or Faramir?

The fellowship


Join the fellowship and get your name here!

Asmodai dark- Film fanatic, Ring bearer
Anthea- Studied the books
AK- Resident guide ML artist
Unconformity- All round fan
Dragon Lord- Film fan, Ranger of Gondor
Wonko the White
Cats-eyes-Big lotr fan
Feuille-General lotr fan
Cinnamon spider- Big film and book fan

Craxus- Haldir, Herald of Galadriel
His Divine Shadow- Sauron the deceiver
Thefluffysardine- Loved to join this
Nerd42- Prefers the Hobbit to lord of the rings!
MagicSamuel
Ralph the Wonder Llama- Eomer son of Eomund
V_Matev
Fool of a Tiff- Appropriator of carrots
Kilted Jedi

Linwe- an Elf Maiden
Morwen
Uncle Bob
Northern Rebellion
Luthiena - BIG book fan
1Or probibly a few days ago depending when your reading this2As so often sadly happens on Tolkien fan sites

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A2111365

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more