THE HELLMOUTH EFFECT (BUFFY RESEARCH)

1 Conversation

ScullTHE HELLMOUTH EFFECT

The hellmouth has had a strange effect on Sunnydale and the people who live around it. It has a presence about it, that even when unopened it can spread it's evil far and wide. The local high school being situated on top of it meant that the students of Sunnydale High experienced the worst of strange happenings whilst attending. It had a tendency to make what ever the teenagers were feeling become reality. For instance one boy felt like his head was going to explode through the stress of exams and it did! Here are a few other cases of weirdness in Sunnydale that have been caused the effect of the hellmouth alone.

BILLY PALMER

smiley - weirdBilly Palmer was a young boy in a coma in the local hospital after being battered half to death by his kiddy league coach. Who somehow unknowingly managed to bring the nightmare world that he was trapped in into this reality. Everybody's worst nightmare came to be and Sunnydale was in chaos. The only way to rid this reality of the nightmare world was to wake Billy up, which isn't as simple as it sounds as Billy was not just asleep but in a coma. So instead Buffy helped Billy to face his nightmare and then he came out of his coma and Sunnydale returned to normal.

MARCY ROSS

smiley - weirdMarcy Ross was a very lonely girl because she was completely unnoticed by her fellow students, she had no friends and nobody even knew her name. Reality is shaped by our perceptions of it so because people perceived marcy as invisible she then became so. The loneliness and constant exile eventually sent her mad, so she lashed out at the one person that had everything she did not, Cordelia Chase. She was prevented from hurting anyone by buffy and then taken by the government to be trained as an assassin.

MORE PAGES

VAMPIRES
DEMONS
MONSTERS
VILLANS
WITCHES AND MAGIC
PROPHECIES
RITUALS
SPIRITS AND HIGER BEINGS
MYSTICAL ITEMS
SLAYER HANDBOOK
TOP 20 BEST BUFFY SCENES

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A2144873

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more