The Babylon 5 Empire

0 Conversations

Brief History

The Inter-Stellar Alliance has for years been in a productive state of peace with its numerous member races. Even the Centauri, who had been ejected from the alliance three decades earlier were welcomed back in under their Emperor, Vir Cotto. The Shadows and Vorlons were gone beyond the rim, exploring other galaxies and traveling to the farthest reaches of the universe, where they were to meet the other First Ones, who had so long ago left the galaxy.

But the Vorlons and Shadows had not yet found their long lost friends, and instead were stumbled upon by a fleet of the Star Wars Empire. Their mixed Star Destroyer and Mon Calimari Cruiser fleet was barely powerful enough to escape. 12 ships had been lost to the Shadow's moleclear cutters, and another 14 to the Vorlon's lightning guns. Lorien ( The First One, who had been traveling with the Vorlons and Shadows) suggested they send a detatchment to check up on the races of the Inter-Stellar Alliance, as he had read the minds of the Imperials and Mon Calimari, and knew that they intended to bring their war with the Star Trek Empire to the systems of the ISA. The Vorlons assembled several Dreadnoughts, transports and fighter squadrons, and the Shadows gave up several of their Battlecrabs, scouts, fighter squadrons, and even their massive super weapon, the Death Cloud.

The Vorlon/Shadow fleet, under the command of Ukesh arrived at Babylon 5 just a week before the first Klingon Raids into Centauri space and the first Mon Calimari Raids around Io and Ganymede.

Ukesh, who gave a message to Delen, the president of the Inter-Stellar Alliance, that came directly from Lorien. She believed him, despite the galaxy's distrust of the Vorlons and the Shadows, they allied and formed the Babylon 5 Empire. The Shadows and Vorlons updated the weapons systems and defences of the Babylon 5 Station, lent a fighter squadron each to them, and also updated the weapons of the planet below.

Babylon 5 Superweapon

  • Death Cloud
  • Ships of the Babylon 5 Empire

    Vorlon Ships

  • Dreadnought
  • Transport
  • Fighter
  • Shadow Ships

  • Battlecrab
  • Scout
  • Fighter
  • Minbari Ships

  • Sharlin Cruiser
  • Nial Fighter
  • White Star
  • Centauri Ships

  • Primus Battlecruiser
  • Vorchan Strike Cruiser
  • Sentri Fighter
  • Centauri Blocade Mines
  • Earth Alliance Ships

  • Victory Destroyer
  • Warlock Destroyer
  • Omega X Destroyer
  • Starfury Fighter
  • Earth Force Orbital Defense Satalites
  • Narn Ships

  • G'Quan Battlecruiser
  • Frahzi Fighter
  • The ships of the League of Non-Aligned Worlds

  • Vree Cruiser
  • Vree Gunship
  • Drazi Sunhawk Cruiser
  • Drazi Sky Serpent Fighters

  • Bookmark on your Personal Space


    Conversations About This Entry

    There are no Conversations for this Entry

    Entry

    A2246816

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Read a random Edited Entry


    Written and Edited by

    Disclaimer

    h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

    Write an Entry

    "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

    Write an entry
    Read more