The Darkness Downstairs - Part One

1 Conversation

I awoke to the sound of a very large and very loud bang. I found myself in a dark room and not knowing where I was filled me with a total fear and dread of what was to come. I did not know where I was and I did not know how I got there.

I looked to my side and saw an illuminated clock. As I turned to look at the time it read midnight. I then noticed with the very little light of the clock that it was on top of small side table and overhead the table was a lamp, which I switched on. I saw that I was on a very old Tudor four-poster double bed. It was much shorter in length than the beds that we get today. I looked around the room but I still was none the wiser where I was.

I noticed that I was wearing a very long white Victorian nightdress which reached to my ankles and on the bed there was a lilac dressing gown and on the floor purple slippers. I put both the dressing gown and the slippers on that I saw on the bed.

I heard another loud bang, followed by several loud thuds. I then hurried to the window to find what was the cause of the noise. I opened the curtains to look out but everything seemed normal. There was not anything to explain the cause of so much noise. I then left the bedroom window and walked towards the door.

I opened the door, which led me to a very long landing. I shouted, 'Is there anyone there?' but I got no response to my plea. I then ventured into each room to see if there were any signs of life but all the rooms were abandoned.

Suddenly there was an eerie silence. The sound of the loud bangs and thuds had ended but now there were the sound of people screaming and shouting in pain and in terrifying fear.

The light of the passageway on the landing was gradually going dim. I then went down a very long, wide and winding staircase. There were at least 20 steps and, as I was going down the stairs, the light was gradually getting dimmer and dimmer until eventually I found myself in total darkness.

It took me at least 10 minutes to get down to the bottom of the stairs, as the light was so very poor. The clamour of the loud bangs and thuds started again. I called out again 'Is there anyone there?' and still there was no reply. The whole house now seemed to be totally abandoned of people.

I heard the sound of footsteps behind me. At first it was only very soft steps but later on it got louder and quicker. I was far too frightened to look behind me, so I raced down the corridor that was facing straight ahead of me. The house was now in total darkness.

Suddenly I could hear the sound of crackling evil laughter. The laughter gradually got louder and louder as I hurried along as I raced down the passageway. This malevolent 'person' was getting closer and closer as I tried to escape from it. The more I ran the more it followed me. I could not escape from this evil thing.

Postive Thinker

19.02.04 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A2311273

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more