Escape Pod Dreams - 72

0 Conversations

Escape Pod Dreams: The Ecumenical Smorgasbord issue

The New New blob

If you trim the scissors right, the scarf will not damage the dido.


People are always whinging about "choices".

As if they have any.

Back in the good ol'days, you killed for your lunch or you died.

You took the pelt off your lunch before you cooked it, both to have some clothes next week and to improve the flavour. Even the Franks don't eat horse with the skin on it...

Back in the bad ol'days, if the Laird o' the Manor called a levy, you dropped your pitchfork and picked up your pike and trudged along with the other lads to go take a poke at the team from the other side (this was before feetball) and hope to make it home in time for harvest. If you got damaged, your laird supposedly took care of your family or at least gave you a ride home so that you could limp around pitifully in familiar surroundings.

Not much in the way of choices. Either you did what you was supposed to do, worshipped what and when you was told, and wore the colours your Laird's mistress just happened to like, even though the combination had the local curs laughing at you, or you packed up what little belonged to you and went off somewhere's else, most likely to be a serf in someone's else's system.

Which is kinda what it's beginning to look like again.

Suddenly, Argentina is beginning to look awfully good.

The New New blob

More reasons why...

1. 8:57 AM
Paradoxes of a "Police State".
by
Commandante Cornrow, living with Leftenant Dreddlok, now.

2. 9:57 AM
Paradoxes of Ecumenicalism

by
Who left the fridge open? The Italian ices have run!

3. 10:57 AM
The paradoxes of institutionalized humiliation

by
Inoffensive little Mini crasher: If you wore a mini while getting out of a mini, would you cause a mini sensation?

4. 11:57 AM
Whatever happened to Sin?

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

The New New blob

The Escape Pod Dreams
Archive

(tonsil revenge)

17.06.04 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2752102

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more