The Ramblings of a Hunchback

0 Conversations

The Humble Hunchback

Perfection in Miniature

Anybody who lurks on my Personal Space from time to time recently
will have noticed my last journal entry. In it, I detail my latest achievement for this little project of mine.

The 40k single miniature I casually mentioned last issue is now completely finished and is argueably my greatest model to date. Such is
the way of things, however, that I have spent most of this time looking at the model and finding (read inventing) flaws which I quickly spend an hour or two patching up. This is slowly driving me insane, however, and to date no one has been allowed so much as to breathe on it incase some paint should happen to be dislodged1.

It does look brilliant, though, and I'm confident of going to Birmingham and returning with an entry that, at the very least, makes it past the first round of selection.

Category 1: Warhammer 40,000 single miniature

It's finished, and there's a picture on the site for your viewing
pleasure.

Category 3: Warhammer 40,000
vehicle

Speaking of tanks, I went on a casual search to see what I could see
and found a variant of the tank I have. Now in all my years of gaming I have never been so tempted to buy a model, yet each time I've gone to buy it I've remembered the robot sat in pieces awaiting construction. I think this entire category will have to wait.

Category 6: Warhammer regiment

All the models are here ready and waiting, but in a moment of thought I decided to paint a test model. This was in no way what so ever influenced by A Knights Tale being on TV. Remembering the Merlin series on TV not so long ago, I decided to paint a test model in the colours of Pendragon (A white background with a red dragon rampant2). However I then came across the biggest challenge I have faced with this entry - the shields.

You see the thing is, to paint something a flat colour is fairly easy if the surface is flat. In turn it's easier to get shading if the area is curved. Yet it is harder to get a flat, consistant colour if it's a larged curved area, the paint tends to drift off to the edges and leave the undercoat showing through. With the amount of work it will take I doubt I will have this entry ready, but I'm going to try anyway.

Category 7: Warhammer Monster

I'm tempted now to change this to a different beast. Whilst my winged monstrosity is nearly here, I am considering whether I will have enough time. I have begun work on the wings in the hope that the main model will arrive in the next week or so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's roughly five weeks left. About now I should be saying that I am going for it all guns and that half of my life recently has been spent covered in yellows, blues and reds of varying degrees. Except the clever hunchback decided to start judo again and his back feels like hell. Thank the almighty painting goblin for this reclining chair so that my back can feel nice again.

I will return3.

The Ramblings of a Hunchback Archive

Asmodai dark

09.09.04 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1My friend can testify to this, when I screamed at him for holding it by the recently painted head, causing a pin point chip.2This is basically a dragon with all its limbs pointing either right or left, making the dragon verticle.3And if I can move again, with another painted entry

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2981225

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more