h2g2 Post 09.09.04

1 Conversation


Posted: 9th September 2004


 

Terrible events

It was with increasing horror, sadness and then anger that most of the world watched the aftermath of the seige at Beslan's No 1 school. That such an act could take place in early September, when awareness of terrorism is highlighted by the anniversary of the Twin Towers outrage, is bad enough. The loss of life of so many, 335 confirmed dead, 107 still unidentified and hundreds more still missing may not compare to the 2,792 lost in the USA terror attack of 2001 but the fact that it lasted so long and so many children were involved compounds the grief felt. Those not directly affected by these events, not to mention the devastation of nature with hurricanes and floods claiming many more lives on both sides of the world, can barely conceive the agony. One can only hope that mourning doesn't give way to feelings of revenge and yet more bloodshed. Whatever else you do, hold your loved ones close and try to cherish everything beautiful about this world as it becomes more and more fragile.

ShazzPRME


 
CARTOONS
 
 

 
REGULARS
 
 
FEATURES
 
 
FICTION
 
 

 
h2g2 NEWS
 
 

  • WOTeva

  • Up to the minute teen newsletter

  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A2876114

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more