Night of The Hoover - Part 6

0 Conversations

Nighthoover Graphic by Greebo T Cat

Chapter 6

Time passed.

I was passed out, but time must have passed.

Time continued to pass.

I experienced many nightmarish dreams, in which Semchevsky was dressed in that awful top and was making advances towards me of a most explicit sexual nature.

I came round.

I was back in my room in the motel.

I checked.

I double checked.

I rang down to room service and asked that they check.

It was the young boy from room service who asked why I was wearing women's clothes, I didn't, couldn't, wouldn't answer, I gave him the smallest of small tips, and sent him away to fetch coffee and food and that day's papers.

He returned, and I then figured out I'd got the giving the tip thing wrong, but well, he wasn't getting aught else.

I scanned the newspaper, and read the date.

'Oy, boy, you sure this is today's paper?'

He said it was, and I drank the coffee, and gawped open eyed at the headline:

'Dyson Factory Takes Over Hooverville; Name Changed To Dysontown'.

This couldn't be happening, I thought. This is horrible. Not only have I failed miserably, I seem to have done some serious damage. What information did Semchevsky get from me that night?

What information, indeed, did I know?

It all seemed very weird and more than a little wakky pokko to me. Here I was, again, in the motel room... it seemed that as each time I got close to something, I came right back to the beginning, here in the motel.

And, why was I wearing women's clothes? And why had I been left here, with my gun, and not ended up in the bottom of a deep deep hole with lots and lots of earth on top of me?
I decided this time that it was futile to keep thinking I'd decide what I was going to do, and rather act, and actually do something, no more gallivanting about in bars, no more drag-queen dancing routines, and, if Bob was on my side, no more of that horrid guitar music.
I rose from the mattress, stripped off the women's clothing, and was startled to see writing on my body. I began to read it but it didn't make any sense. 'Dyson raped and killed my wife', said one writing, which was obviously false as I didn't have a wife, and another one was just a number. I wrote the number down and went to the shower.

After I washed off the strange writings I picked up the phone and called the number. The voice on the answering machine was unmistakable – it was Pottsy.

The message on the answering machine was even stranger. It said: 'This is the Personal Space of nighthoover. Unfortunately nighthoover doesn't seem to be here at the moment, but you can leave a message after the beep'.

There was no beep.

Night of The Hoover Archive

Written by 'various'

07.10.04 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A3089982

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more