What's in a [Presidential] Name? - The Political Issue

2 Conversations

'So Homer Simpson was not elected after all... even so he was a favourite in the polls.

Trust the democratic system to fail us when we needs it the most...'

Being as objective as anyone's wolf next door, I won't suggest that the world might have actually been a safer place if Homer had been elected...
But then again, Homer's dad isn't a former CIA boss, is he?

Sadly Buffy Summers was not the chosen one either... Surely, with the Buffster as President, we would have been safe from any evil forces.

And, of course, as a bonus, that would have greatly helped the Franco-American relations somehow... the Slayer being quite popular in France and all that.

But, erm, never mind... Let's just go back to this article's subject.

Are You a Potential Homer Simpson/US President?

Find out with this Simpsons Personality Test...

I did that and found out that I could be Marge Simpson.

Hmmm... I'm not sure about the hair though.

Once More With Name Generating

This week's Name Generator (brought to you by Quizzical1) has quickly gained a popular status on the Net...

It's based on the plot of one of the stories in the 'Captain Underpants' series written by Dav Pilkey.

For those who want to explore this challenging cultural corner, other available titles are:

  • Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty Cafeteria Ladies from Outer Space
  • Captain Underpants and the Wrath of the Wicked Wedgie Woman
  • Captain Underpants and the Big, Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy, Part 1: The Night of the Nasty Nostril Nuggets
  • Captain Underpants and the Big, Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy, Part 2: Revenge of the Ridiculous Robo-boogers
  • The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby: The First Graphic Novel

In 'Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants', the professor named in the title wants everyone to assume new names.

The people behind this Name Generator have already given George W Bush the treatment and graciously given the result as well...
According to it, the re-elected US President's (by now well known) 'new' name is... Goober Chickenshorts!

Quizzical's one is Tulefel Burgertushie and mine is er... Dorkey Diaperpants.

Mind you, when I used my posh Loup d'Argent username I got Dorkey Gizzardtush instead... Doesn't sound so bad somehow.

I, of course, had a go at the other two third of the usual political trio...

Tony Blair is now Zippy Liverlips and Jacques Chirac has become... Buttercup Wafflebuns!

I tried to give the traditional generating treatment to the Post Team and the Italics, but my computer almost died (probably laughing) on me at that precise moment...

So, if you want to know those results and find out about your own, follow this link.

If you want to share your findings with us ... you're very welcome to do so, of course.

Previous Generated Names for George W Bush

So far, we have - as already featured in the h2g2 Post:

  • [Cyborg Name]: General Entity Optimized for Repair and Gratification/Electronic Wireless Battle and Ultimate Sabotage Humanoid
  • [Smurf Name]: New-and-Improved Smurf
  • [Vampire Name]: High Priest of The Ghastly
  • [Spy Name]: George W 'Action' Bush
  • [Pirate name]: Calico Roger Roberts
  • [Name Acronym]: Glamorous Earthy Orderly Raw Gentle Enjoyable Worldly Boisterous Unnatural Spunky Haunting

No doubt that more will be added soon...

Previous 'What's in a Name?' Articles

And It's Goodbye From Him

And an apology as well... as that was an unfortunately relatively short 'What's in a Name?' sort of article this week.

But have no fear: without letting the cat too much out of the virtual bag, I can safely say that the future is definitely looking bright regarding some of the forthcoming issues.

Be seeing you...

Loup (Marge?!) D'Argent - Marquis of Night

Loups Archive

'loup.dargent'

18.11.04 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1So that you know who to blame for this article, once again...

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A3291185

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more