The Prez: Policy Statement from The Celery

1 Conversation

The Celery Supports Upcoming Forum Changes

The Celery announced today that he fully supports the upcoming changes to h2g2 forum structure scheduled for next week.

In his statement, he repeated the information that Jim Lynn posted in the Feedback Forum earlier today1:

The features that are appearing in the next release (scheduled for next week) are:

  1. All links to forum conversations will have an extra link to take you to the latest block of posts. So you have a choice what you read.

  2. The 'Most Recent Forum Posts' list on your home page will have *3* links. One to the start of the thread (as before), one to the last posting you made (so you'll be able to read any specific replies), and one to take you to the latest block of posts.

  3. In the left hand frame with the forum view we're adding 'Move to earliest' and 'Move to latest' buttons to the current conversation.

  4. Also for the current conversation, we're adding a visual representation of the size of the conversation, which allows you to go to any page of posts with one click.

  5. Each of the 'Other conversations' below the current conversation will have a 'Show latest' link added, again giving you the choice of reading the whole conversation or just the newest block.

According to The Celery:
These changes will go a long way toward aiding and encouraging open communication between all entities. This is particularly important in such a richly diverse place as h2g2. My platform of Pan-Culturalism and Universality is aimed at bridging the gap between entities of all nationalities, cultures, galaxies, and dimensions, and the new forum structure is an important tool in achieving these goals. I applaud Jim Lynn and the h2g2 staff for their excellent work in this area, and we wish them the best of luck in achieving a smooth transition to the new structure.

The Celery/Webjello 2000 Campaign Headquarters is located HERE

Copies of Press Releases are available HERE


10.07.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A390548

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more