h2g2 Post 20.11.2000

0 Conversations




Posted: 20th November 2000

Hopefully this will be the last time that the Post appears in this format. From our anniversary edition, due out on the 3rd December, you should find a new, improved layout and the re-introduction of the opportunity to browse through back issues.

Thank you to all past contributors for their prompt reply to my call-to-arms! I anticipate a bumper crop for our celebratory issue... remember that there will be NO Post next week!

Back to this edition now. Ormondroyd is back with his popular Notes. The problems experienced in a certain election were just too tempting for him to ignore! Fragilis begins her new-style column View From h2g2, a new name but the standard remains as high as ever.

A new site exciting some interest appears to be the BOF Inn. I guessed what it stood for... can you?

The plans for the Denver Meet are well underway. Do take a look if you think that you may be able to attend.

Greebo reports that no-one has chanced their arm at the Poetry Competition yet. Come on folks... I know a lot of artistic and talented folks are out there.

Returning to the subject of meets, the Post has tried to make some sense of the arrangements for the Christmas Community Social. Pastey spent some considerable time fighting his way, virtually of course, around the maze of the London Underground system and has come up with the Essential Guide to the Christmas Meet... he didn't call it that, but it certainly covers any FAQ's you may have. If you are planning on attending you better take a look... we'd hate to miss you!

May I wish all our USA friends a very happy Thanksgiving Day.


Any copy, articles, suggestions should be sent to The Editor. Please use this same address if you are interested in volunteering to become a regular contributor.

shazzPRME


  • h2g2 Life



  • The cartoon series with style!

    This week: Home Alone!


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A475931

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more