Just for Fun

1 Conversation

Hello there... Time for yet more fun... come on in and laugh a little... answer a few questions... see your name in the POST...

What more can you want from life?



IT'S A WRAP


The weekly quiz, based on Film. The names of the researchers who send in all the correct answers will be published in next weeks Post.


Forest Gump


The world will never be the same once you've seen it through the eyes of Forrest Gump
  1. How many Academy Awards did the film win?
  2. Complete this famous saying from the film... 'Life is like a box of ______'
  3. Who played Forrest's mother?
  4. Who directed the film?
  5. Which of the following didn't star in the film.
    Robin Wright, Mykelti Williamson or Gary Oldman


The answers to last weeks question and a list of researchers with all correct answers, can be found below.


JOKE OF THE WEEK


A young man was walking through a supermarket to pick up a few things when he noticed an old lady following him around. Thinking nothing of it, he ignored her and continued on. Finally he went
to the checkout line, but she got in front of him.


"Pardon me," she said, "I'm sorry if my staring at you has made you feel uncomfortable. It's just that you look just like my son, who I haven't seen in a long time."


"That's a shame," replied the young man, "is there anything I can do for you?"


"Yes," she said, "as I'm leaving, can you say 'Good bye, Mother!' It would make me feel so much better."


"Sure," answered the young man. As the old woman was leaving, he called out, "Good bye, Mother!" As he stepped up to the checkout counter, he saw that his total was £85.50. "How can that be?" he
asked, "I only purchased a few things!"


"Your mother said that you would pay for her," said the assistant.


NAME THAT SONG


Each week I will print a quote from a song, all you have to do is guess the title of the song and who sang it. Answers will be published in next weeks Post. This one is 'Just For Fun' folks, so don't E-Mail me the answers.


This weeks quote:-



'You know I love you, I always will'


BEST ON THE WEB


Every week I try to show you a page on the web that has got to win an award somewhere, even it is 'The Oddest Web Page on the Net Award'. So if you know a web page that I should check out for inclusion in this section, then e-mail me and let me know. Remember to keep it clean folks...



Odd site this, well worth a visit if you have a few spare hours.

Go see the Moose... on a LIVE Web Cam from Anchorage, Alaska . Er.... I haven't seen one yet, but with time and patience, you never know!!!

CLICK HERE


LETTERS TO THE CAT


Now some of the best letters sent in this week, keep them coming in folks.

Some letters may be edited due to space limitations



Dearest Greebo,

My mother gave me this advice on love and marriage.

"It begins when you sink into his arms and ends with your arms in the sink."

Thought something as useful as this I shouldn't keep to myself.*LOL*


Mini Driver (Not the famous actress)


The advice came to late for me!!!

Greebs



Dear Greebs

Saw this in my local newspaper.

FOR SALE BY OWNER

Complete set of Encyclopedia Britannica. 45 volumes. Excellent condition. $1,000.00 or best offer.

No longer needed. Got married last weekend.

Wife knows everything.

Clive Gibbons (I am the famous actor that no one remembers!!!).


Made me laugh Clive, but sorry, I have never heard of you...
Greebs


NEWS FROM AROUND THE WORLD


A new feature in 'Just For Fun'... News that I think you should know about...


In Los Angeles: An inventor has developed a totally new type of experimental gun. Police officers aim the gun at a criminal--pull the trigger--and an intense blast of sound waves induces diarrhea. Is this a good idea? If that thing ricochets--things could get awfully messy..

--------------------------------


In Winnipeg Canada--on a day when the temperature was well below zero--a woman rode a bicycle naked along the main street to win a radio station contest. She won a heap of money.

Plus a small blowtorch--which she plans to use to help her remove the bicycle


THE WINNERS and LAST WEEK'S ANSWERS

Alas no winners this week... But nice try for all those that entered, better luck this week guys...


It's A Wrap Answers


DEEP BLUE SEA

  1. What is the name of the floating labratory?
    Aquatica
  2. What kind of sharks were genetically enhanced?
    Mako
  3. How many enhanced sharks were in the film?
    3
  4. Who directed the film?
    Renny Harlin
  5. Which of the following didn't star in the film.

    LL Cool J, Samuel L. Jackson or Pamela Anderson
    Pamela Anderson

Name That Song Answers


'I got all the symptoms, Count 'em 1, 2, 3'


Bad Medicine by Bon Jovi


AND FINALLY



Send your quiz answers, jokes, letters and anything else to me here:-
Greebo T. Cat


Please Write 'JUST FOR FUN' in the Subject Line, or your letter may be overlooked.


Thanks again everyone...

Greebs

20.11.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A476246

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more