The h2g2 Post 11.01.10

3 Conversations



Posted: 11th January 2010


 

 

Winter

First of all, we want to wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous new year!

Second: it is winter! Most of Europe is currently covered in snow with temperatures well below zero. For some countries, like mine, this isn't too much of a problem, we often have snow and low temperatures in winter. Other countries, like the UK, are not used to it, so they're neither prepared nor well equipped. I know that lots of people are freezing - their central heating has given up the ghost. Add to that that gas is in short supply because the UK is practically immobile, and the situation is really bad. I really hope that the worst is over now and things are starting to look up! However bad your situation, though, please spare a thought on the wildlife and don't forget to feed the birds.

There are lots of things to mention, so I'll try to keep it brief. I'll start with Rich and Lanie who are getting married in the Gambia on this very day. Our best wishes for a very happy life!

smiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly

Our contributors have been busy, and I'm happy to be able to present you a wonderful first issue of the year. Things were a bit hectic towards the end of last year, and so we missed to notice that The Return of the Unmentionable Marauding Pillowcase should have been rewarded his Post Reporter Badge quite some time ago. I've emailed the eds to rectify this. Congratulations! This isn't all the good news, however. You'll find below the article of an expat in Japan. I'm very happy that he was pointed to the Post by fellow Researchers. It is a great first article, and more are to come.


Enjoy!


B'Elana


 

 
COMPETITION WINNERS

 

 


Thank you so much to everyone who took part. The competition entries were of high quality and so it came as no surprise that the voting results were close. We have, however, three winners, which you'll find below. Congratulations to all who took part!

smiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly


 

 

FOR THE EARS, THE EYES AND THE DARING


 

 

 

 

WONDERFUL WORLD


 

 

 

 
LIFE IS DANGEROUS

 

 

 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Think Tank 140

Sympathy for the Wounded

It can't have escaped most of your attention that the normally green
hills of England have been in a somewhat wintery condition of late.


On the 3rd of January, HonestIago slipped on the ice and
re-fractured his already broken left wrist.


It's currently in a cast and will need splints to fully heal, so while
he recovers, and to cheer him up some, I have organised a 'wish Iago a swift recovery' thread and
would like to invite as many researchers as possible to come and wish Iago a
community wide "Get Well Soon".


The parking's free; the visiting hours are indefinite plus there's
free nibbles.
smiley - porkpie smiley - fairysmiley - cake

Clive the flying ostrich


 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION

 

 


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A58769059

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more