The h2g2 Post 25.01.10

0 Conversations



Posted: 25th January 2010


 

 

Weather

Talking about the weather is by no means a British prerogative. The weather is being discussed all over the world – even I do it. While large parts of Europe are still in the firm grip of a fierce winter, it's that time again when arsonists in Australia strike their matches with glee, as the very hot, dry, and sometimes windy weather there will guarantee them success in their despicable undertaking. It is the time when people, like an h2g2 friend of mine, wonder what to do in case the fire isn't stopped about 200m from their front door: will they stay or will they go?

It is certainly a decision which has to be well thought about. It is always good to be prepared if that is possible. I've mentioned it before: I like to be prepared in matters Post related. Still, it is nice to have a few positive surprises, of which we haven't had a lack so far this year. And it goes on.

I am delighted to say that we have yet another 'Post Novice'. Santragenius V wrote a poem in a journal, and I was granted permission to publish it here. I know there is a lot of wonderful stuff all over h2g2, in journals, entries and conversations. Unfortunately, we can't always be at the right place at the right time, so if you come across something wonderful which you think should be made available to a wider audience, please think of the h2g2 Post, like lanzababy did on finding a travel journal the other week. It is likely that we'll get some fascinating travelogues soon.

But it's not only new authors who make the Post what it is. It is just as wonderful to welcome back an author of a very popular column in the past, so please, don't miss 'Sporting with Egon', which you'll find below. Please enjoy this week's issue.


B'Elana


 

 
WHEN THINGS GO WRONG

 

 

 

 

EXPERIMENTS IN CUISINE


 

 

 

 

FROM PAST TO PRESENT


 

 

 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

  • In Living Memory

  • RodtheBrit is picking on the collective memories of the h2g2 community


 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION

 

 


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A61426893

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more