ASCII Picture Quiz: Solution

1 Conversation


, ; , .-'"""'-. , ; ,
\\|/ .' '. \|//
\-;-/ \-;-/
// ; ; \\
//__; :. .; ;__\\
`-----\'.'-.....-'.'/-----'
'.'.-.-,_.'.'
jgs '( (..-'
'-'

These are the solutions to the Ascii Picture Quiz which appeared in the previous issue of The h2g2 Post. Follow the links to see the original pictures.

Picture 1

Most of you spotted Darth Vader's helmet, and it was indeed a scene from Star Wars, or to be pedantic,
Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope (1977).

Picture 2

Some correctly spotted this iconic scene from Hitchcock's North by Northwest (1959) in which Cary Grant is pursued by a crop-duster.

Picture 3

A tougher scene to resolve here, but most recognised it to be a Western. In fact it was Gary Cooper in High Noon (1952).

Picture 4

It wasn't cranes, as someone guessed, nor 'some kind of oriental-ish garden furniture', but crosses from The Life of Brian (1979). Ah well - always look on the bright side!

Picture 5

You may have spotted two figures, one in a large hat pointing a gun at another in a smaller hat. The large hat belongs to the Mexican bandit Tuco, in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (1967). Did you know that his full name is Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez, A.K.A: The Rat?

Picture 6

This was E.T. (1982). I'm not naming names, but someone guessed Marilyn Monroe...

Picture 7

Some interesting guesses, but the correct answer was Leonardo and Kate in the 'flying scene' from Titanic (1997).

Picture 8

Two figures - one with an officer's cap - the other without. The latter was the boffin Barnes Wallis at the trial of his invention, the bouncing bomb, in this scene from The Dam Busters (1954).

Picture 9

I couldn't refuse the offer of putting an easy one in there. It was of course The Godfather (1972).

Picture 10

This was probably the toughest one to resolve, because the faces of the two figures were dark. Dark blue, in fact - the scene is from Avatar (2009).

Icy's Quizzes and More Archive

Icy North

29.03.10 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A65645472

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more