360 - Changing the World by Degrees

0 Conversations


Latest news from 360 - Changing the World by Degrees.

This week people have started to post their 'solutions'. It's great! You can find them in the Contribute Here section of the 360 site under Solutions Submitted.

Of course, no solution is a final solution. One of the main aims of 360 is for people like us to discuss the ideas that go up - to 'pick nits' if you like. That way, any solution can be tested. Like the old proverb: 'the exception that proves the rule'1.

Our latest video solution from the Television Trust for the Environment shows how the simple sari can save lives by filtering drinking water.

Richard Creasey, the founder of 360 is spending 360 hours in Amesbury, Wiltshire, England, building the microlight that he's going to fly in order to film projects that people put up on the 360 website. Another of the aims of 360 is to create 'adventure with a purpose' and people from all over the world who have microlights or access to one are coming forward saying that they would love to travel to far-distant places to film projects that are helping the world.

Some of them are from places as far-afield as South Africa and China. They'll be the ones who'll want to come and film in the UK!

We've also had offers from people who are sailors and long-distance land travellers. But don't forget, it's the simple solutions that we are looking for. We may even end up filming yours!

You can watch the microlight build on the webcams on the site - the 'skin' is now mostly on and it is being painted. Eight coats of paint are needed to create the right level of protection.

AstroLion, Ashley, Sam and I are going down to the build again on Friday. To meet the deadline, the microlight has to be finished on Saturday, so it's all hands on deck!


MaggyW


Changing The World By Degrees Archive

21.02.02. Front Page

Back Issue Page

1'Prove' being an old English/Latin word meaning 'test' in the days that the proverb was invented.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A698646

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more