The Academic Zebra

1 Conversation

Boabab tree

Mr Laskow, the academic zebra, rifled meticulously through the papers on bee sting fatalities. The hovering bee whispered in his ear, 'There it is in black and white'. Mr Laskow was not completely clear as to what exactly the bee was referring. If he could only shed the cumbersome striped shell! Then and only then could he grasp the full and clear impact of the bee's assertion.

Oh, for the carefree days of roaming unfettered among the grasslands. Before the meeting with the wildlife behaviourists and immersion into a university lifestyle, Mr Laskow bragged frequently of his brazen hide. Now it weighed awkwardly upon his frame like a trophy of shame.

The bee plied its rapier stinger into the academic zebra's head. Mr Laskow fell conveniently onto the pile of papers. Not remembered for his beautiful skin nor his intellectual pursuits, merely another notch on the belt of bee sting fatality statisticians.

The Fiction Archive

thirtytwo

24.11.05 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A7094090

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more