h2g2 Post 24.11.05

3 Conversations


Posted: 24th November 2005


 


Happy Thanksgiving!


If you're American, you probably know that today (Thursday) is the Thanksgiving holiday. For some reason, I thought we had a turkey smiley, but I can't find it, so imagine. Though legend has it that Thanksgiving was started by the Mayflower pilgrims, I think it was Abraham Lincoln who declared it a federal holiday. We traditionally have large turkey dinners with our family and friends and then brave enormous crowds on the weekend while going shopping (stores often hold large sales on the Thanksgiving weekend). It's a nice time to celebrate the good things in life. So what am I thankful for? Well, my family and friends and all that, and of course h2g2! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!


Moving ahead a bit, in two weeks we'll be celebrating The Post's sixth birthday. In honour of the occasion, we have a new graphic competition for you — so if you're an artist, check below for more information.


Submissions for the next issue (8th December) are due into the Post Box by midnight GMT on Sunday, 4th December. Enjoy this week's edition of The Post!


echomikeromeo


 

 
FICTION

 

 

 

 
CARTOONS

 

 

 

 
REGULARS

 

 

  • Not Scientific Science

  • NotScientific takes a departure from the usual and gives us a most interesting and portentous interview


 

 

 
FEATURES

 

 

  • First Solo Entries

  • Here's to the Researchers who have seen their first solo entries hit the Front Page! smiley - bubbly


  • Dance Lessons

  • Orange shares a harrowing tale, fraught with terror and suspense — yes, ladies and gentlemen, Orange is taking dance lessons!


 

 
h2g2 NEWS

 

 

  • The

    Post

    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page

The Post Office

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A5749211

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more