The h2g2 Post 28.03.11

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 28th March 2011

Elections

We had elections here this Sunday. No governmental elections but several federal states elected their 'Landtag' (state parliaments); some elected the mayors, and we in Frankfurt elected our municipal council as well as the local council for our respective district. We had 93! votes for the municipal council and 19 for the local one. The sheet for the former was huuuge, and I know that many people, especially the old and young ones had said they wouldn't bother. When we arrived at our polling station it was lively, so I hoped that was a good sign. Alas, only 39% went to vote in Frankfurt! I think that is scary. Combined with the elections in Hesse was a referendum about savings. They had hoped this would attract more people to go and vote than five years ago, at the last election. It didn't work. Frankfurt saw even fewer people voting than five years ago. I am dismayed. I'm by no means a political person, but I've never missed any elections since I first was allowed to vote some 30 years ago. Neither of my sons could be bothered! Shame on them, and on everybody else who stayed at home.

Is everybody in a state of resignation? If the results aren't to my taste, at least I can complain. More than 60% of the Frankfurters have no right to do so. And I've just seen that in Wiesbaden, the capital of Hesse, only 29.7% voted. I can't believe it! Maybe we need not be surprised about the bad economy. You'll find a very interesting article by Pinniped below. It's not only symptomatic for Great Britain, but for Germany, too. As always, there's a lot more to read and ponder about in this issue of the Post, so please enjoy and discuss.


Bel

FREUD: HIGH ANXIETY

  • False Economy

  • Get a pot of tea and some biscuits. Read Pinniped's ideas, then discuss.


 

 
JUNG: WORLDLY ARCHETYPES
REICH: ORGONE FOR ALL

 

 

 

 
H2G2: BEYOND THE MERE MENTAL

 

 
COMMUNITY
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A79168945

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more