Advertising the Un-Advertisable - Sensory Interpretation

2 Conversations

The authors are responding to the Post Writing Challenge of advertising the un-advertisable. As usual, they paid no attention to the instructions. (So what else is new?)

As usual, the results are gratifying. Rules be darned.

As usual, we repeat the instructions – not because anybody pays attention to them – but just as a general reference.

Write, compose, draw or even film an ad. But – and here's the kicker – it has to be something you can't BUY. Something intangible but necessary, such as peace, math ability, or a decent sense of humour. You may OFFER TO SELL this commodity, but only in an impractical way. Take your payment in smileys, hugs, or guru sweat-equity, whatever.

This author is the first to openly ADMIT to flouting the instructions.

In fact, in her official Artist's Statement (we never had one of those before), cactuscafe says: 'So here I am advertising Sensory Interpretation. Huh? Heh-heh. In so completely and pretentiously misinterpreting the Challenge, I have somehow created two pages for my book (non commercial) which is pages and pages of photos and weird writings, based on my love of graphic design, which is my on-going Life's Work.'

Let us know when that book comes out. We will even pay non-virtual cash for Quality Stuff like this.

And now…

Sensory Interpretation

So you think you're 'normal'? Do you see what others see?

How do you know, unless you learn from an expert? Hm? Ever thought about it?

Try these images on for size. If you're still coherent after that, contact the artist for further instructions (posting opportunity below, as usual).

Moon with camera shake
Flawed daffodil

The Post Writing Challenge: Advertising the Un-Advertisable Archive

cactuscafe

18.04.11 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A83519067

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more