The h2g2 Post 18.04.11

2 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 18th April 2011

Tired

My mother in law didn't feel well on Wednesday, so I went to her place and looked after her. She is worried about her impending move to an assisted living facility. I spent a few hours with her, and she seemed fine when I left. On Thursday, I checked on her after work. She said she was fine. A few hours later, I got a call from a stranger, saying he had picked her up in the street. She didn't know where she was, who she was, or where she lived. That was a shock. We rushed to her flat where the stranger, his wife and son waited for us. My husband took his mum to hospital, but they couldn't admit her and transferred her to the stroke unit at the other end of Frankfurt. The CT showed no indication of a stroke. She is in good care. They'll do further tests this week. We've gone to see her each day since she was brought there. Going there and back takes a fair while as we have to cross the whole town, and there's a lot of construction work going on. Add to that the worries about what happened to her, and what will be in the future, you can imagine that this is quite a strain, and so it is that I'm very tired.

Good job there is the Post each Monday. If you have a lot of stress and/or worries, it offers you a brief escape from life, so please enjoy.


Bel

WE'RE NOT IN KANSAS ANY MORE
I DO BELIEVE IF YOU BELIEVE...

  • Sanity

  • Dmitri's hero is afraid of sanity.

THE INFINITE IMPROBABILITY DRIVE

 

 

 

 
COMMUNITY
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A82620182

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more