All the News That Fits: h2g2 News

0 Conversations

See? News.

All the News That Fits: h2g2 News

This is NOT BMT.

There's been the usual wide variety of activity across h2g2 over the past month ranging from the serious to the usual 'not so serious' banter.

Douglas Adams' Birthday

Our founder, DNA, would have celebrated his 61st birthday on March 11th. Accordingly the Operations Team opened up a thread in which researchers could were able to post approptiate messages and toast our absent and most missed creator. The thread and messages can be found here: Douglas Adams' 61st Birthday.

Another Sad Loss

March also brought us news of the passing of another researcher after a long illness. Known as Gandalfstwin tributes and an obituary were suitably placed. Both can be read here: Gandalfstwin RIP.

A Tribute To Gandalfstwin

A Writing Challenge

Not entirely unexpected but the Editorial Team have issued another writing challenge open to all researchers, new and old alike. The challenge was to write an entry suitable for PR and ultimately to go into the Edited guide of a 1000 words or less. Some good efforts have been made and they can be seen in Peer Review though at time of writing some have been picked ready to go through the subbing and final publication process.

Take a look through Peer review and have a read of whats in there. Post a comment or even better, if it gives you the urge to start writing all the better.

From The Create Team In March

It was no coincidence that the Editor-in-Chiefs challenge which started in his own journal then became the Create challenge for March, as seen here
A Challenge From Our Editor In Chief.

April's Create Challenge is all travel related in which we want to hear about any and all journeys undertaken, whether for business or pleasure. Full details here: Your Travel Stories.

Miscellaneous News Items

As always, the most popular forum is the Ask Forum which still see's a wide variety of topics covered and debated. Some of the more serious topics mix well with the not so serious which makes Ask the place to go to for a good read as well as to contribute. It can be found by clicking here:-Ask.

The Comms Team have been busy throughout sending regular h2g2 updates out over the various Social Media outlets. We can be followed on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ so if you have an account with any of these then do subscribe and read about what's happening on h2g2.

 

General Features Archive

BMT

08.04.13 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87790585

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more