The h2g2 Post 18.11.13

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 18th November 2013

Looking, Learning, Sharing

Celebration of Totnes by Cactuscafe.NaJoPoMo, Create's November writing challenge, is bringing out the best in just about everybody. People all over h2g2 are writing, reading, commenting, discussing. It's a free-for-all of fascinating ideas, from IT solutions to…well, butter. If you haven't joined in yet, you're missing out, so grab a journal and pile in. In this week's issue of the Post, we've got a scavenger hunt for you. Use it to help you get started, or to enjoy surveying the NaJoPoMo landscape.

Cactuscafe's had quite an adventure. Your Editor asked her, casually, about the Brutus Stone, said to be the place where Brutus of Troy first set foot in Britain. Had she heard of it? 'Oh, yes,' she replied. 'Let me get on my bike.'

The resulting photo journey is here for you to enjoy. If that's not a cool way to spend Remembrance Sunday, we don't know what is. We're grateful for the chance to share in the event.

Others are sharing, too. Awix shares his cinematic expertise. Willem shares his knowledge of wildlife. Benjaminpmoore shares his insights into the world of carers. Rod gives us a glimpse into his workshop.

Do you have something to share? A photo, maybe? A story? A personal experience? We're hungry for it! Drop it in the gmail. Have you found an oddity on your personal hitchhiking trail? Would you like to set us a quiz? It's all grist to the h2g2 mill. We keep writing, we keep talking.

Enjoy your week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

AMAZING SIGHTS
  • Chinese pond heron by Willem
  • .

  • The story of the Totnes stone by Cactuscafe.


PUZZLES

IF YOU SNOOZE, YOU LOSE

  • Hypnotherapy.
  • Rodney and Reggie are at it again.
THOUGHTFUL STUFF

GALLERY
  • .

FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87811842

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more