The h2g2 Post 02.12.13

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 2nd December 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Children in the snow in 1886. The winter winds blow, and we shall have snow…at least, in the northern hemisphere. We at the Post like to think globally, and right about now, what we're thinking is how much we envy Willem and Rod and all the other Researchers who aren't experiencing the onset of winter right now. Willem, your birdies aren't sitting the barn and hiding their heads under their wings, the lucky things, and we say thanks for sharing your good fortune with us by way of pictures. Rod's still working on his Green Man, too. This reminds us that not everyone is dealing with cold rain and two-duvet weather.

In the meantime, if you're in the cold climes, bundle up. You probably have to go holiday shopping. If you're making plans to celebrate – or avoid – the onrushing festivities, tell us about it. Create's December challenge is all about making the memories. Please keep in mind: The Post wants your poems, stories, and pics. (Lots of 'em!) The image to the left was just to get you in the mood.

Your Editor has a special holiday-related request. Down the page, you'll find the story about a carol. This one is about a Wildschwein, or wild boar, minus Asterix. (Sorry, Bluebottle.) The connection between feral porcine creatures and winter holidays is not, perhaps, as clear to us as it to the denizens of the Discworld. Anyway, here's the request: share some carols with us. Use the handy space below the entry to give us some links, background, and badinage. We'll be grateful. Your Editor is overworked.

Tavaron has some photographic wonders to show us, Ben's got some timely thoughts on tiredness, and Awix has the last word in cinema, as usual. The humour is where the humour always is, somewhere west of the Great Logic Divide.

So, shop, dodge the rain and snow, bake and make holiday plans. Be safe, and keep writing, friends!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

WORLD OF WONDERS
  • Bateleur by Willem
  • .

  • Koeln Bahnhof by Tavaron.


NEIGHBOURLY NOTES

PEACE POINTERS

  • The First Thanksgiving?
  • Raise the song of Harvest Home.

MAKEOVER MADNESS
  • Hair care.
  • MIBs.

FOLKLORE FOLLIES
  • A shy bachelor.
  • .

  • Next stop, Twitter.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87811860

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more