The h2g2 Post 31.03.14

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 31st March 2014

Spring Passions

A passion flower. How's the weather where you are? Are you gearing up for spring – or fall? Around here in the Carolinas, we're getting tired of waiting for things to warm up. It seems like it's been a long winter. We could use some sun and a few flowers, so today's page is decorated with spring signs, more in expectation than in reality. We hope it cheers some of you up.

The Create Team want to remind you to talk about the weather this month. Okay, look, you Brits: all you do is talk about the weather. I can't get the Prof to shut up about it. If he's not complaining about the wind, rain, etc, he's sending me links to BBC weather maps. I usually know more about the temperature in Yorkshire than what it's doing 50 miles away. So stop groaning, and write something for Create this month. Just make it interesting, will you? Be informative, funny, snarky, sarcastic. Explain global warming to us,or take pictures of weather phenomena, or write a poem to the rain. We mean it, we expect wonders of you meteorological experts here.

This week's issue features some pretty cool items. Willem has not only brought us a really cute squirrel to admire, but he's given us a treat: the start to a new fantasy series. Check out Narlesha the Dragonslayer. This is going to be fun.

Speaking of fun, Awix has been to the hotly-awaited new Muppet movie, and he'll tell you all about it. It sounds thrilling, what with Kermit in a dual role and all.

We've got some blasts from the past in the form of Post Stuff Past, as well as an advert of yesteryear you have to see to believe. The quiz is all about sheep. Why not? You want to argue?

Galaxy Babe's been looking up again, and Rod's been looking forward with his Green Man project, and Ben has a story that will make you think, as usual. We hope you'll take a look at all of these, and add a comment or two.

Now, we hope you won't need your umbrellas this week, but we can't promise anything. If you want the latest Yorkshire weather report, ask the Prof. Just grin and bear it, wherever you are. Have a good week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

TRANQUILITY
  • Cape Ground Squirrel by Willem
  • .

  • A shepherd piping in the Jordan Valley.


INNOCENT MERRIMENT

EXCITING STORIES

  • Narlesha the Dragonslayer title by Willem.
  • UFOs behind me?

SPRING THINGS

COMMERCIAL CONSIDERATIONS
  • Eno's Fruit Salt advert.
  • Bad alien driving: a NASA headache.
  • .

FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87822921

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more