The h2g2 Post 23.06.14

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 23rd June 2014

Get 'Em While They're Hot '

How's the weather where you are? I hate self-referential editors, don't you? The kind who take up editorial space to moan about their personal headaches and pet peeves. The editorial page is about the reader, darn it, and the cool things we have on tap for you this week.

However…there comes a breaking point. And that point is reached when the mercury is at 98 degrees Fahrenheit in the un-metric U.S. of A. And we have to go swimming early in the day, because frankly, after that it's too hot to get in a pool. Besides, you feel like the start of a stew… So I'm complaining. Just a little. But heat beats cold, any day of the week. Okay, rant is over. Back to the important stuff, like what you're doing.

This week, we have summer fun for the northern hemisphere crowd, and some all-round Stuff for the antipodeans. Speaking of antipodeans, Rod's got a June Create challenge response for us. He's quite seasonal with his 20th-century reflections. Willem checks in from the winter zone, too, with a gorgeous bird from exotic climes. He's also got the long-awaited answer to the question: just what was he thinking about when he originated that Writing Right Challenge? You'll be intrigued by the story.

Up in summerland, Ben's hanging on the phone, and not liking it much, while Awix is being sensible and staying in the cinema. Bluebottle's on his bike again.

The Post's fictional cast are here to entertain you from parallel worlds: Narlesha's on the run, the aliens are on the sly, and the 1890s are as surprising as always. Read, take the quiz, talk to someone…you know you want to.

Have a good week, my friends. Keep cool. I'm off to get some more ice water.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

AERIAL VIEW
  • Philippine hornbill by Willem
  • .

  • June Create.


PERSONAL VIEWS

ODDMENTS

  • A 1939 'portable' television.
  • A backwards baseball cap.

PARALLEL UNIVERSES
  • This beats hang gliding.
  • LADEEE crashes.

ZAP, KA-POW
  • Aliens buzzing the ISS caught on TV.
  • A

  • A whole lot of bluebells.
  • .

FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87827827

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more