The h2g2 Post 16.03.15

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 16th March 2015

The Playful Approach

A playful kitten. Why is there a pussycat lurking on this page? Well, for one thing, there's a cat story in these pages. We leave you to find it. The Thinker was clever here.

For another, cats are playful. And we need to remind ourselves that our approach to knowledge should also be playful. Oh, sure, we're knowledgeable and erudite. (If you don't know that word, look it up. It applies to you.) We are meticulous in our research. And we have wide-ranging interests, from nature to outer and inner space to historical quiddities to word histories and…

We take our subject matter seriously.

But we don't take ourselves too seriously. That's important, I think: the informational universe is our oyster, but we're not snobby gourmets.

Like Simba here, we're ready to pounce on the Fun Stuff, just for the sheer joy of it. And there's a lot of joy in this issue.

Cactuscafe saw something on the Downs.

Willem found another huge bird.

He also discovered another unusual tree.

Awix scared up a new film.

Magwitch scored some free games.

The guys over at 42 Words thought up some stories.

We located more pictures, news, and factoids for you.

So what are you waiting for? Pull at the dangling bit of string. You know you want to.

When you're done, leave comments. And get inspired for your next jeu d'esprit. Have a good week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

WATCHING NATURE GROW
  • Black-Winged Stilt  by Willem.
  • Pineapple Tree by Willem.


MENTAL ACTIVITY

IDEA ART

  • Mast on Downs.
  • The Ritz Theatre in Sheffield, Alabama, USA.

TEASING THE THREADS

QUANTUM LEAPS
  • March Create 2015 by FWR.
  • It's Pittsburgh vs the Isle of Wight  in   Peer Review.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A87847861

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more