The h2g2 Post 27.04.15

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 27th April 2015

Not (All) for the Birds

A Melba Finch. Wouldn't you like to hold something that tiny and beautiful in your hand? Willem got to do this. He got to hold a lot of very special birdies at the Polokwane Game Reserve in this year's ringing event. It's scientifically useful as well as being a thrill for lovers of all things exuberantly natural. Willem's been kind enough to share these birds with us, courtesy of Colours of Wildlife. So this week and next week will be special events. Enjoy.

Other natural wonders to enjoy are, of course, in the sky. Galaxy Babe is back to help keep us looking upwards and outwards at our heavenly neighbours. We thank her for that.

What else have we got for you? Art. The sublime (shadows and light) and the ridiculous (an overfed duck and some careless aliens). Historical glimpses into the sacred baseball season, now upon us, early confusion as to the appeal of one Francis Sinatra, and other odds and ends too numerous to mention.

Oh, and the short-short story guys are back with 42-word miracles.

In other words, it's the usual action-packed issue, all inviting you to peruse, commune over, and draw inspiration from. Or something like that. In other words: we expect you to read, leave comments, and plan your next contribution. Remember that Create is counting on you!

And have a good week, everybody!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

ADVENTURES
  • Tchagra.
  • Rock Sage.


AMUSEMENTS

PUZZLES

  • UFO map.
  • Shadow Study by Cactuscafe.

CURIOSA

TALES
  • American money.
  • Superhero in flight by FWR.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87852216

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more