The h2g2 Post 14.11.16

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 14th November 2016

Najo Najo (and Some Noms)

A quill pen lying atop a computer keyboard.PrĂȘte-moi ta plume, Superfrenchie, we've got NaJo to write. Actually, we're using computers, just to be different, but Farmer Hoggett made me this cool pen out of a wild turkey feather he found, and I couldn't resist. 'Tis the season for startled turkeys. Not only is Thanksgiving coming up in the US, but hunting season is going on in Pennsylvania, and the woods are dangerous. Last week, it was bows and arrows, I kid you not. Robin Hood would have loved this place. Me, I'm staying in town. I'm not 100% sure it's safe near Main Street, but the deer do tend to take refuge in the municipal parking lot behind my house.

What do we have to tickle your fancy this week? Well, Willem's got a double treat for us: he's informative about pronghorns, and he asks your help in captioning a kitty pic. That is one pretty cat. She doesn't need to march to Pretoria, 'cause she lives there. Join the captioning madness.

Speaking of madness, there's, er, NaJo. This week we catch you up on who's writing what and where, insofar as our Sherpas could find the journals. People who refuse to follow directions, it's your own fault if you're stranded. Be patient, and wait for the St Bernards to come along with brandy. Then, to add injury to insult, we bring you a glimpse into the sort of snark law-abiding journal keepers have to put up with.

NaJo is not the only writing challenge we have for November. (Who just cheered? Keep it up!) As you will recall, you are supposed to be coming up with 'Proustian moments': examples of food triggering memories. So far, we've had marmalade, stew, and deep-fried Mars Bars. This week, Tavaron adds a sumptuous holiday bread and I explain to Proust why I think he's a food snob.

Awix tells you about the cinema, and I attempt to make you laugh. We also quiz you about bad behaviour of the past. Icy has helpfully provided the solution to last week's themed crossword. If you're still working on it, don't look yet.

So, lots to do still. NaJoers, the month is nearly half over, get your second wind. The rest of you, keep those recipes and pictures coming! And have a great week out there!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

ACTIVE AND, WELL. . .
  • Pronghorns by Willem.
  • Volya, sitting pretty.

QUESTIONABLE CHOICES

ENERGY AND INERTIA

  • Fox hunters
  • An audience in 1944.

THOUGHTFUL PROSE
MEET THE CHALLENGES!
  • The Post/Create's November 2016 AltChallenge: Where Did the Thyme Go?
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87876733

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more