The h2g2 Post: 06.01.20

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 6th January 2020

New Year, New Adventures

Porch Cat (Action Shot) by Dmitri Gheorgheni As you can see from the Porch Cat activity, the Christmas season was unseasonably warm in the vicinity of the Post Office. We hope you enjoyed your holidays, whatever the weather. Solnushka's still enjoying hers, since she had the foresight to become a Muscovite, where you get all the holidays. She sends us pics in consolation.

Willem's in the middle of summer – he says it's dry again – and he's out having adventures that would be the envy of Indiana Jones. Or maybe not. Didn't the intrepid fictional explorer say he wasn't fond of snakes? Well, guess what Willem's been doing? Setting explorer records AND chasing a big, scary cobra through the undergrowth! This is wonderful, for so many reasons:

  • It's the 500th episode of 'Colours of Wildlife'! (Crikey, as they say in Australia.)
  • It demonstrates a complete lack of ophidophobia, thus matching this month's Create theme.
  • It's the coolest thing we could possibly imagine doing over Christmas holiday.
  • We get to publish this exciting, profusely-illustrated news!


Needless to say – but we'll say it anyway – we are very, very proud of Willem and his friends. Read all about it below.

Electronic Christmas Tree by DG
We are no less proud of the rest of this amazing issue, which features:
  • Astonishing views of what the rest of the planet looks like. Glimpses into others' lives which may, or may not, cure Freewayriding of his hodophobia. Which he tells us all about in his story this week. I reach back into the recesses of my own memory to share a peculiar form of entomophobia, and where it comes from. Have you got a phobia to share? Please send your Create contributions to us.
  • Nobody associated with this enterprise is afflicted with gelotophobia. (Look it up.) We have more jokes per pixel than the average e-mag. Please take advantage. Laughter is good for you. One funny story was sort of intentional, we think, and written by an 11-year-old more than a hundred years ago. We're sure he'd appreciate you chuckling this far down the timeline.
  • We've got the usual features: Awix cluing us in on cinema, me being clueless about writing, and etc. Share and enjoy.


Please read and comment. Have a great week!


Tavaron's Christmas Ornament
Quote of the Week:   The oldest child was especially delighted when I hung up the dinosaurs.

Tavaron




Update from Russia:
New Year's Trees in Moscow
New Year's Trees in Moscow, courtesy of Solnushka



Create January 2020 by Freewayriding
January Create Challenge:
Phobophobia: Phobias and the
Phobic Phobes Who Fear Them
Share Your Thoughts!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

THE WHIRLING PLANET

OUR TEEMING BRAINS


BLACK AND WHITE (AND NOT)


Trees

Trees by SashaQ


LOLZ




Voluntary Dog

Dogs deserve space, too!
SNARK CORNER
FIRESIDE TALES
  • Video
  • Hey, ho, nobody home.


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87957931

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more