The h2g2 Post 23.11.20

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 23rd November 2020

Beware of Dog

Mailbox with paw sticker means 'Beware of Dog', by Dmitri Gheorgheni. See that sticker? The friendly US Postal Service put it on our mailbox the other day. It signifies that there is a dog in our house. This is to help the postal workers by warning them about potential dog hazards.

It is true: we have a dog. For a certain value of the word 'dog'. Lola weighs five pounds. She is not terribly aggressive unless she sees the Large Brown Dog across the street. Then she barks furiously. We don't know why: the Large Brown Dog has never done anything to her. Also, she looks ridiculous. Lola's tendency to growl and bark her tiny head off at very large canine specimens causes other dog walkers to cross the street to avoid her and Elektra. But she has never menaced a postal employee.

We figure it's a 'no exceptions' kind of policy. But the sticker makes us laugh.

Actually, I want to add one of my own. They omitted to post stickers of cats. Our cats are at least twice as big as the dog. Just saying.

Oh, you wanted to know what was in this week's issue of the Post? Sorry, I'll shut up about the postal service and tell you. We have good Stuff for you this week:

    Lola the Dog peeking over a box.
  • A plant extravaganza from Willem. He'll also enlighten you about the importance of plants to our planetary ecosystem. This is A-1 information, and the photos are gorgeous.
  • Amazing nature photography. Sasha taught me something. I didn't know Africa had groundhogs. Okay, that's a rock hyrax. But it looks like a groundhog to me. Cute little beggar. There's a magnificent pigeon. An obligatory cat, etc.
  • More outdoor photography. Sunset, a blue moon, the first snowfall, birds. Tavaron will show you another meaning of the word 'alp'. Beautiful things to look at and learn from.
  • Displays of talent. Sasha's been painting and shares. We are grateful. Our neighbour Pete shares his inflatable turkey. Mrs Hoggett remembers Halloween. Rosa Baggins displays her talent for the mot juste in poetry. Paulh tells a story. So does B4.
  • Humour, as usual. Bluebottle's ongoing tale goes on. Will we ever find out who the daughter of Eve Eel is? Will we do so before the Post Editor dies of pun overdose? Willem's demoness keeps lifting weights. Another strange critter graces our pages.
  • Features. Will Awix survive lockdown and find enough movies to watch? Can you solve the picture quiz? Will I ever stop talking? These and other questions may or may not be answered in this issue of the h2g2 Post.


Get cracking. This magazine won't read itself. Send more Stuff. And have a good week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Mailbox
Write the Post at:
postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com
Tweet at the Post and Edited Guide:
@h2g2_Guide



Quote of the Week: Could Jane Austen, even with the greatest stretch of the imagination, understand the murders committed by the Charles Manson 'Family'? Our perceptions have certain inbuilt limitations...

Colin Wilson, Strange Powers
She probably would have classed them as 'people one doesn't wish to know.'

Dmitri Gheorgheni, the h2g2 Post



Create November 2020 by Freewayriding
November Create Challenge:
Holes in History


Video Extra: Dream of the Road
(Ask FWR.)


NATURAL VARIETY
The Plight of Plants

Cucurbit by Willem


MENTAL IMAGES

LOOKING AROUND

Sunset

Sunset Contrail, by DG.


ARTS & CRAFTS




Serving the Devil
The Devil in the Dock, by Freewayriding.

LOLZ
STORIES


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87997027

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more