The h2g2 Post 15.02.21

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 15th February 2021

Memories

Memories in a tin, by DG.
Memories

Light the corners of my mind

Misty watercolor memories…


Bergman/Hamlish

This month, we're into memories. Some of our writer share a few of theirs. We also dug into the archives and brought out some h2g2 writing memories you may remember, or be encountering for the first time. We hope you'll enjoy these excursions into the past. If you have any memories to share, feel free to send them in.

We've got lots of other things to show and tell this week. Here are some highlights:
    Snowcovered mountains in Scotland, by Paigetheoracle.
  • The weather report: Mostly snow. And more snow. And then there's…snow. We've pointed our cameras at the snow and ice: on cloudy days and sunny days, on the road and up in the mountains. Do not complain, because we will ignore you. Appreciate the aesthetics. You don't have to shovel photography. SashaQ even has art with snow in.
  • Things that don't involve snow: Like Paigetheoracle's pictures from the sea shore.
  • Humour. Yes, that's what it is. Be nice.
  • Stories and features. Things to guess at and wonder about and caption. Find out what Solnushka's son thinks about ancient North America.
  • Learn how to make a box kite shaped like a biplane. Take it out for spin once it stops snowing.
  • Awix has dug up a new film to tell you about. See what he thought of it.


We'll be back next week with more Stuff. (Send more Stuff!) Keep warm, stay safe, and remember: a snowflake in the hand is one that's not on the pavement.


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Mailbox
Write the Post at:
postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com
Tweet at the Post and Edited Guide:
@h2g2_Guide



Quote of the Week: ...we are dead. ...Now we're nearing – this dread examiner, and we think something should be done. So we've put off really thinking what to do till the last moment. Naturally we would – we're all English.

Act III, Scene 1, Outward Bound by Sutton Vane.

Create February 2021 by Freewayriding
February 2021 Create Challenge:
Memories Come in All Shapes and Sizes


Video Extra: Snow Globe Day


INTERROGATING NATURE
Eomellivora

Eomellivora by Willem


ABSENTMINDED QUERIES

  • Caiman
  • Pacifying the Offspring (4).

WEATHER REPORTS

Snow and Sun

Sun and Snow by DG.

MEMORIES



Tears in Rain
Second Sight, by FWR.

RETURN ENGAGEMENTS
Storytime


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88012884

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more