The h2g2 Post 12.04.21

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 12th April 2021

Accommodating Nature

Violets by Tavaron. Spring is definitely here in the northern hemisphere, and Willem says things are pretty nice down south. He's running around looking at wildlife, and so are we. Over at the Hoggett Egg Farm and Petting Zoo, the spring chicks have arrived. Sasha has seen (and photographed) a robin. So yeah, we're feeling pretty good about the natural world right about now.

I chose the title 'Accommodating Nature' because it has two meanings in the context of this week's issue. Nature is being accommodating: displaying itself in all its hopeful new beauty. But h2g2 Researchers have been making accommodations to nature, too. You'll see what I mean when you study the photos and watch the videos. There's some give-and-take going on.

Here's a quick preview:

  • Do you like voles? I do, and Caiman does. See what he's done to give them a break.
  • Speaking of thoughtful: Websailor must be the Badger Goddess. I swear there are more badgers in her garden every time we look. She's improved their infrastructure, too.
  • Willem's got a turtle to show you, and some stunning landscape. Well, I was stunned.
  • Superfrenchie strolled out to the neighbourhood Neolithic dolmen, as one does, I suppose, and sent us pics. One is of a non-Neolithic bug. You won't see that in NatGeo.
  • Hoggetts let the kitties peek at the peeps, but not touch. I have video. Sasha has a celebration of birds that wins this week's wildlife award.
  • Something that's not natural? Oh, sure. Awix answers the question, Is cinema going to the dogs?' I have thoughts about odd things, no surprise there. Paigetheoracle, FWR, and MVP all have ideas about forests and trees. One story will amuse you, one depress you, and one possibly inspire you. I leave you to guess who did what. (Gmail whined, 'We can't be sure that's Paige, please be careful!' I said, 'I'd recognise that style anywhere.' Make of it what you will.)


Note: please give the April Create challenge a try. The Team want your thoughts on not seeing the woods (forest) for the trees. I know: I said that last week. But they really mean it.

We'll be back next week with more Stuff. (Send more Stuff!) May your days be filled with sunshine and no viruses of any kind.


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Mailbox
Write the Post at:
postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com
Tweet at the Post and Edited Guide:
@h2g2_Guide



Quote of the Week: We made no pretence of religion, but we were not the worst people in the world....

PT Barnum on travelling with a circus


Create April 2021 by Freewayriding
April 2021 Create Challenge:
Can't See the
Wood (Forest) for the Trees


Video Extra: Choir Room


LOOK IN WONDER
Hanglip Forest

Hanglip Landscape by Willem

LOOK INSIDE

ACCOMMODATIONS

Peeps A-Peeping
(Plus Cats)

New Chick by Mrs Hoggett.

PHENOMENAL



Maybe One Day
Zaphod, by FWR.
FUN AND GAMES
STORY TELLERS


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A88012965

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more