The h2g2 Post 08.05.23

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 8th May 2023

Adventurous Reporting

Montage of images from this week's issue of the Post: cows, sheep, cat's feet, a train in transit, a bee on a dandelion, graffiti faces, and a spooky virus.

If you are enjoying May so far, you aren't anywhere near the Post Office. We had a week's worth of lovely spring weather – in late April. Then things turned nasty. Since then, it's been cold, with rain, a few snowflakes, sleet, hail, you name it. Bah, humbug. Not fun. Such is Pennsylvania. Elsewhere, though, spring is busting out all over. Sheep are gambolling, and SashaQ is photographing and videoing the gambolling sheep and new baby lambs. You're sure to go 'aw…' and such.

FWR is complaining about the menacing cows in his neighbour's field. They are looking at him, and he doesn't like it. He's going on vacation to get away from them. But he's left us some photos to enjoy.

Woolly Mammoth sends greetings from Cramond Island, and has a new dog. Paigetheoracle continues his fruitless attempt to capture an image of the elusive Scottish dabchick. I'm beginning to doubt this thing exists.

Meanwhile, in autumnal South Africa, Willem and his intrepid herpetologist friends have been chasing lizards and snakes. You get a photo report you're sure to enjoy.

I do have some wildlife news for you. Did you know that bumblebees take naps? I spied on one and caught it napping in my long grass. (My grass is long because it will not stop raining/sleeting/etc long enough for the lawnmower guy to do anything about it.) So we have some Original Research going on in these pages.

Has time ever stopped for you? Tell Create about it this month. Send in your experiences.

There's cinema, humour, and lots of fiction in this issue. The fiction is getting really exciting. Can it be that mysteries will be resolved before this is all finished? Could be. Will there be excitement, adventure, and really wild things, or just more funny robots? Tune in and see.

Read, enjoy, share. Have a good week out there, and remember to dress appropriately for whatever you're doing and wherever you're doing it. Peace, friends.


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Mailbox.
Write the Post at:
postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com
Tweet at the Post and Edited Guide:
@h2g2_Guide



Quote of the Week: Once upon a time (or that's what my mum tells) my father parked his car up on a mountain and a cow sat on it. It was a VW beetle (in the 70s).

– Tavaron
Clock face from inside, by Carol M Highsmith.


May 2023 Create Challenge:
When Time Stood Still


Video Extra:
Apple Blossom Buzz
Click here in Ripley


THINGS TO DO
Grow Attached
to Wildlife

A lizard attaching itself to Ruan, by Willem.

THINGS TO THINK ABOUT

  • Video
  • Bumblebees take naps, too.


FEATURING: SHEEP AND COWS


At the Sheep Farm
(Video)

Spring at the Sheep Farm by SashaQ.


MORE NATURE ENCOUNTERS




Blackbird Nesting
Success

Nesting box with blackbird, by Tavaron.
Many faces of life, graffiti
SERIAL KILLERS
Ongoing Novellas


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88021587

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more