The h2g2 Post 05.06.23

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 5th June 2023

Montage of images from this week's issue: A Cape Bunting, a small deer from France, birds in an English bush, purple columbine, a cottontailed Pennsylvania bunny with a chipmunk friend, and overall, a sign for Stockbridge, 10 million lightyears. The headlines is Off the Beaten Path.

Our friends have been out watching summer happen. They hope you have, too. In this issue, they share their images and their thoughts.

Willem wants to tell you about the Cape Bunting. Superfrenchie wandered around the park in France and has the pictures to prove it. A couple of cats say hello, also some birds that happen to be in a Wirral bush. The birds would probably have been interested in Superfrenchie's caterpillar.

Speaking of birds, Tavaron has a story to tell. Her blackbirds successfully nested in the box she provided. Now they're out and going to blackbird school. (Blackbirds are homeschooled.) This is interesting. (Next week, there will be video.)

Speaking of stories, FWR has one about mind travel and music. He also has a photo puzzle for you. So does Paigetheoracle: we made his into a quiz. Paige has also spotted a very colourful bicycle. There's a bunny. There are flowers.

Exactly half of our ongoing fiction stories will reach their conclusions next week. You won't want to miss these installments. Nails will be bitten. There is also what we insist on calling humour. Bluebottle's is sprinkled with philosophy. I don't know what mine is sprinkled with.

Read, comment, pass around. We appreciate new readers. Have a great week out there, and remember to hydrate yourselves and your gardens.


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Mailbox.
Write the Post at:
postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com
Tweet at the Post and Edited Guide:
@h2g2_Guide



Quote of the Week: Stop picking up fawns.

You are not a Disney princess.

And even if you are, don't.


– Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation
A Shih Tzu with a strategy.


June 2023 Post Challenge:
What Are Your Metaphor Memories?


Video Extra:
Spying on the Neighbours
Click here in Ripley


MOSTLY BIRDS
Cape Bunting

Cape Bunting by Willem.

MOSTLY THOUGHTFUL


CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL


Oh, Deer

A small deer by Superfrenchie.


THINGS WISE AND WONDERFUL




In My Mind I'm Going To…
Space sign for Stockbridge, 10 million lightyears, by FWR.
SEE YOU IN THE FUNNY PAPERS
SERIAL KILLERS
Ongoing Novellas


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88028166

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more